Hi everyone

I'm worried. I've been asked to contact a company called Medical Services in order to arrange an appointment for a medical assessment in relation to my claim for Incapacity Benefit.

I completed an Incapacity For Work Questionaire about 6 months ago and thought nothing more of it.

I claim Incapacity Benefit for Mental Health reasons (Depression/Anxiety/Agoraphobia) and am naturally concerned that any decision made on the basis of this assessment would not go in my favour, and I would lose some or all of my benefit.

I had a previous assessment about 5 years ago. My consultant arranged for it to be held in my home. I remember feeling very stressed at the time and foolishly took a small cocktail of prescribed meds which left me feeling extremely ill.
The Doctor who came to see me was OK and the assessment obviously went well because no changes were made to my level of benefits.
However , I have a new consultant now and don't know if he would be willing to make a similar arrangement. I've only seen him once.

Has anyone had any dealings with Medical Services? I would welcome any constructive feedback or advice.

Best wishes