Thread: Can't Eat, Can't Sleep, Can't do much else...

Can't Eat, Can't Sleep, Can't do much else...

Hi. I am new to the forums and have been suffering from anxiety since I was about 8 years old, I have been on tons of medication and other useless remedies that don't seem to help cure me 100%. I also have problems eating because of anxiety and am underweight, I would like to gain weight but its almost impossible for me to eat even if I forse myself, my height is about 6 feet and I weigh 120lbs, my doctor says I'm underweight by about 15-20 lbs. Also I have a vomiting problem when I get anxious I tend to vomit, is there any relation to anxiety with my vomiting / eating problems? The thing I want to get rid of first of all is my anxiety as this is the cause of all my problems, I can't concentrate on much else if I don't get rid of this but I don't know where to start. Any help?

Hi

WELCOME TO THE SITE

Sorry to hear how you are feeling right now.:(

Anxiety come's with many symptoms. I have been dealing with my daughter who suffered PA's, anxiety from the age of 3, she is now 12 and doing very well.[^] One of her main symptoms was vomiting. She would do this all the time It was for her an anxiety symptom.
    When I came to this site a year ago suffering Pa's anxiety myself , one of my many symptoms was feeling unwell and not able to eat. I am alot better now because of this site, I am panic free and high anxiety
    free[^] I still have a few problems to iron out, like I lack confidance, so don't reply much to post, but I'm working on it.
    I just wanted you to know that your not alone.
    You have come to the right place, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

When you fear something,
    learn as much about it as you can.
    Knowledg conquers fear.

Hi

*Also I have a vomiting problem when I get anxious I tend to vomit, is there any relation to anxiety with my vomiting / eating problems?*

This is very common mostly due to adrenalin surges,

nervous
    Nausea
    Nausea
    stomach problems
    does anybody feel sick or cant eat for days
    Digestive problems

*I have been on tons of medication and other useless remedies that don't seem to help cure me 100%*

The way through this is lots of gradual exposure coupled with self esteem improvements, there are no meds that can mimic this. Have you had CBT therapy?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi SkinnyDude

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Skinny Dude,

Welcome to the site, where I think you find great advice, support and comfort from people like yourself.

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Thanks what is CBT is it a drug? I will do some research into this cause I will try anything that helps.

btw I forgot to mention that I use these 2 holosync cd's that i got from someone. They seem to help me for the period that I use them one is labeled "Holosync: The Dive" the other is "Holosync: Immersion" the problem is they were custom made for the person I got them from so I understand they have some kind of subliminal messages, so I don't want to use them, yet I do because they have this nice feeling to them after I finish the hour period I used them for. Previous to this I use a custom cd builder called Brainwave Generater with no subliminals but they didn't give me the same feeling holosync gave me infact they actually made me more sick. I wonder if it possible to modify the original holosync cd's to remove the subliminals if not are there any alternative to these cd's that you guys use. This for me is more of a short term help as the next day I feel crap, so I have to figure a permanent solution.

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier I don't have much time :(

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi

*Also I have a vomiting problem when I get anxious I tend to vomit, is there any relation to anxiety with my vomiting / eating problems?*

This is very common mostly due to adrenalin surges,

nervous
    Nausea
    Nausea
    stomach problems
    does anybody feel sick or cant eat for days
    Digestive problems

*I have been on tons of medication and other useless remedies that don't seem to help cure me 100%*

The way through this is lots of gradual exposure coupled with self esteem improvements, there are no meds that can mimic this. Have you had CBT therapy?

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 15 September 2005 : 15:28:29</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Look on our homepages for information on CBT , its not a drug, its a form of talking therapy which is the gold standard in treating anxiety and panic.

I doubt very much that it is possible to modify the CD's.

Meg

Ok could you recommend some good CBT books that are easy to read an understand, I got one but it was to complicated a while back and gave up on it and threw it out. Also Holosync is a relaxation cd what would be a good alternative that would have the same affect.

Hi

Welcome to the forum! come in and join us in chat some time, you will find some brilliant people and some great help!

take care

sue with 5

scknight

I appoligize for being away this past week, can someone please reccomend something I can read. In particular some book that has someone like me in it because I find alot of books are geared to a women and not to someone like me that is a male.

Thread Information