Thread: I painted my room and it triggered a horrid panic attack

1. Unhappy I painted my room and it triggered a horrid panic attack

i have lived in my townhouse over 3 years and my room has been set up the same since i moved it. i dont adjust well to sudden change as i found out yesterday. im wondering if this is just me. my walls where white, and i decided i wanted to paint my room red with black trim, so i did. and my bed and everything was all moved around and all the sudden i got that sureal/dram like feeling and felt like my body temp was over 100 i start running to the rest oom getting sick. my room is my safe place and cause it didnt look like my room i was laying on my floor in my typical calm down spot and everytime i would look around it would come back.

i am a little better today still adjusting. i have one white wall left, im scared to paint it. i love the way it looks but im scared i wont feel safe here. am i crazy? or does anyone else have trouble with lil stuff like this?

Re: I painted my room and it triggered a horrid panic attack

painting the room had nothing to do with having a panic attack...you reacted to the "sureal/dram" feeling that you had...but in truth, that feeling was just a bodily sensation of some sort (any sensation you feel in your body is natural btw), nothing "sureal" or "dram", just a feeling, and you judged it as something negative, and thus started the chain...next time you feel this feeling, just label it as "bodily sensation", and move on...

nothing to worry about...trust

Thread Information