Thread: Disturbing Thoughts

Disturbing Thoughts

Hi All

My anxiety/depression returned with avengence over the last 4-5 weeks, I seem to be on the mend now (hopefully). However, I will feel ok one minute and then these voices come into my head saying "no your not alright, go and get rid of yourself"!! I have never attempted to do this before. Is this just part of the recovery process? I am very scared that they will never go.

Jackie xx

Re: Disturbing Thoughts

Hang in there Jackie this is just another intrusive thought and these will calm down as your nerves recover. Visualise these thoughts as entering through one door and leaving through another in your mind just observe them but dont engage with them. Don't be lonely with this...there are good people here who understand. There is always someone in the chat room.

Veronicax

Hi, I have GAD and have always had these thoughts although I have been on venlafaxine for 3 years and this calmed it down alot, I am coming down off these tabs atm and I'm now on half dose 37.5mg every day for the next 2 weeks. I have done this for a week now and feel a bit rough atm but have noticed the intrusive thoughts coming back and I hate them. I used to think I was going mad until I found out it was part of Anxiety. I try hard to ignore them but feel worse if I'm stressed, ill or tired. Its tiring trying to ignore them but sometimes I answer them back in my head and that helps. Just don't dwell on what they say let them wash over you and get on with your recovery, it will get easier. Good luck. Nicola

Hi Guys

Thanks for your posts. I have made an appointment to see the Doctor on Thursday morning about these thoughts.

I have been wanting to eventually come off my medication and think it is time I saw the doctor about reducing it.

I have not had any thoughts for the past 3 hours, however, they have left me feeling down in the dumps!!

Jackie xx

Thread Information