Thread: Feeling like an idiot :(

Feeling like an idiot :(

Hi all am looking for a bit of reassurance as im sure you guys will understand more than most! Firstly i have suffered from panic attacks and anxiety since i was young and recently had a good spell with anxiety since stopping diazepam in May. I generally have my coping methods that work pretty well for me. Basically i had a couple of panic attacks on wednesday evening that were unexpected. When i went to bed that evening i had what i could only describe now as an unusual and violent panic attack, infact i did not even recognise it as a panic attack at the time. My boyfriend paniced and called an ambulance, it took the paramedics a fair amount of time to calm me down.....problem is i now feel really really guilty about the whole thing, i feel i wasted both a 999 call and their time. Im not one to make a fuss about things and i might be over-reacting but cant help feeling really down and humiliated about the whole thing...not to mention completely perplexed why my PAs have changed so dramatically :(has anyone had a similar problem?

Re: Feeling like an idiot :(

CJH86 a big panic attack is a scary thing. I know of lots of people who have reached for 999 thinking it's the end for it to be just a panic attack so don't beat yourself up over it.

How often do you call 999? every week? every other day? or was this the 1st ever time

So relax, it's not a big deal, your bf was just worried, and that's not a bad thing

TC

Jaco

PS, whats a carbon compound? lol

Panic attacks can differ from one time to the next. It's not always easy to recognise them as what they are. When they appear from nowhere in such a violent way, its flipping scary, you definitely did the right thing in calling 999. Do not for a second feel bad - that is what the emergency services are there for - to help us.

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Hi hun

Ohhhh PLEASE try NOT to be so hard on yourself, when panic happens we feel we are in real danger, THEN we act upon that feeling in many different ways, you at this point or your boyfriend, THOUGHT, that there was something very wrong, this panic episodes was new to you, so you acted at the time IN THE RIGHT WAY,

A friend of mine done the same thing, her hubby called 999, when it was panic. The paramedic said to her, if it was of any help, he had been of work a few months early for the same thing, NOT to worry.

When a pa changes, from what I know, its because the normal pa you get is loosing its power, (its fear facter, ) remember PANIC NEEDS our fears to survive, So hunny, if you think of it this way, YOU ARE doing something right, when working on your panic, SO, work on this one the way you would the others, please hunny, try DAME hard NOT to feed yourself negative thoughts regarding your actions with the 999 call, you was scared and I feel that ANYONE even none sufferes would have done the same as you you have NOTHING to feel quilty about hun

you take care

LOVE JILLXXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Hi thanks all for the replies! i feel a little better about the whole thing now...it was a just a bit of a shock that i acted that way, it was the first time id had 999 called. I work in the medical field and put pressure on myself to think rationally.....but i should know by now the panic 'response' overides everything else

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco45er View Post
    PS, whats a carbon compound? lol
    A carbon compound is just a chemical with carbon in it...so thats anything from petrol to DNA

A carbon compound is just a chemical with carbon in it...so thats anything from petrol to DNA
    I think I was off that day

Thread Information