Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark/ black specs through stool

Re: Dark/ black specs through stool

i am seeing that this stool thing is more of a common problem than i thought for health anxiety sufferers.

i thought it would be rare

Quote Originally Posted by Alexy View Post
    Hello, are the spots like on the stool, like in it? Iv had this a few times, iv done 2 blood stool tests and its not alone I don't think. I got told that if its blood it will either be bright red, or the whole stool will be black and silty like coffee grains in water, hope this helps xxxxx
    i dont know about the original poster but ive just found darker bits, definatly not a full black stool.

would a bleeding black stool make the water turn colour too?

If there is red fresh blood then it is piles or a fissure.

We all get dark stools at times but if they are black then you need checking out.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Anything thay you feel is sinister like that, then I would go to the doctors, to be on the safe side. If it is red blood or fresh blood, then it is usually a tear from straining or piles, I have piles because i have I.B.S. Weight loss is not usually a sign of I.B.S. Darkness in the stool could be food that you have ingested or could be blood from bleeding further up in the bowel. If you are concerned see your G.P.

I originally posted bout this, my stool isn't black just has darker specs through it, I have been really stressed at the moment , and my stoolhas been really soft, could stress be causing this. I see my doctor on Monday so will ask him then and will let you know what is said , but the soft stools and the specs are stressing me out alot and I am feeling tired but again don't know if it's just the worrying.

Okay just back from seeing the doctor and i have to put in a stool sample. Not feeling that reassured as he said it could be blood or a possibility of the bowel working too quickly, just with my mum having it i dont think its looking tht good for me i', really scared . How long do the results usually take to come back when you put them in?

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    Okay just back from seeing the doctor and i have to put in a stool sample. Not feeling that reassured as he said it could be blood or a possibility of the bowel working too quickly, just with my mum having it i dont think its looking tht good for me i', really scared . How long do the results usually take to come back when you put them in?
    Hey Kitty kat

Its not not looking good at all!! Promise that is just the way you are feeling!

What exactly did the dr say? Bowel working too quickly seems most likely doesnt it? I think your doc is more than likely reposnding to your anxiety than symptoms. By handing ina stool sample what would they do with that? Its not a test for cancer is it? And is he or she doing blood tests? Sounds like if not they arent thinking anything bad at all!!

Please dont worry . I get this darker specks thing to and yesterday it was almost stripey! It comes and goes and never happens without lots of wind..... from what yousaid earlier about wind you sound exactly the same, really, IBS or 'bowel moving to quickly' same thing sweetie

Your okay

Lisa
    xxxx

I know im going on a bit about this but im just worried at the moment, i went to the loo this morning and took the samples, it was quite loose but i have been worrying a lot, anxiety is always bad first thing. I had tomato and basil soup last night round about 7.30 ish and this morning at 7.30 my poo was reddish would this suggest tht my digestive system is working fast just now. I did have a bit wind as well. Has anyone has symptoms like mine and had tests and theyve been okay or been diagnosed with bowel cancer and come through it fine. Im just so worried with everything at the moment. And thanks guys for all the replies xx

Kitty,

if your Mum had bowel cancer, you should be tested via colonoscopy ten years before you are the age as your mum was at her diagnosis. (So if she was 50 at diagnosis, you should have a colonoscopy at 40.)
    Your doctor should know that and should not be dismissive.

Blood in stool usually doesn't look like dark spots, it either looks black and tarry, or bright red. Dark spots are usually undigested bits of food, I have them all the time when I am anxious and food just rushes through my bowel.

Amu

Well got my results back from the doctor and they were negative, no blood in stool, now i am happy dont get me wrong but he didn't give me any explanation for my symptoms. I was at the loo 3 times this morning......but what is causing the soft stools? Should i ask for a colonoscopy just in case something didnt show up in the stool sample or do you think its ibs /anxiety related and should just accept it as being that although my doctor didn't say......sigh xx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information