Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it good to cry or does it make things worse?

Is it good to cry or does it make things worse?

Hi Guys

Well yesterday I felt as though I was stifling a cry all flamin day! It was really difficult to keep it in and I've just realised that this probably caused me more tension than not crying? Is that right do you think? I then had a pretty good evening but this morning felt really anxious while lying in bed - every time I went to nod off the old familiar tummy churning started and it was driving me mad!

I worry though that if I start crying then I won't flamin stop and that the following day I will look on it as a failure and so the viscious anxiety cycle begins!

The road to recovery certainly isn't an easy one is it??!!

Thanks all xxxx

Sometimes I think a good cry does you the world of good, I know it does me sometimes. It is good to release emotion and not keep it all locked in inside as this can lead to tension like you said. Don't see yourself as a failure if you cry, tell yourself you needed it and it's nothing to be ashamed of, people without anxiety or depression often find themselves having a good old sob to get something out. It's natural! And judging by all the goods in this message there must be something right about crying!!

Take care,
    Roz x

'All I want is to be normally insane' Marlon Brando

Hi tygwyn

If you feel like crying then do have a good cry. It helps to relieve tension and does no good to hold it in.

Crying certainly is nothing to be ashamed about and it does not make you a failure. It is a natural way to deal with the stress that you are experiencing.

How are you feeling this morning?

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

I often feel the need to cry after dealing with alot of stress and or anxiety and if i cant cry i will often take a hot shower and that seem to help me cry and the I feel better after ward. I do get very tired after crying so it help's to sleep as well.

crying is only bad if you cry every day all day for no real reason.

Hey,

I always tend to feel a whole lot better after a good cry, its like a big release.

I think that if you feel it there, then let it out! Nothing to be ashamed of!

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Have a good cry, releases lots of tension and also your body secretes calming chemicals.

Natures release valve

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Defo a good thing.

I know boys aren't supposed to cry But I find it really helps sometimes just to clear the head.

I'd love to cry. Have'nt done in ages now though.

Let yourself go and have a good cry, as others have said it will relieve alot of tension and you will probably feel better for it, just make sure you have some tissues next to you!

What about, afterwards having a nice warm bath with some bubbles and relaxing, then going for a little walk, especially if the sun is shinning where you are.

You said you had a good evening last night, if it was good, can you repeat it tonight - something to look forward to?

And remember CHOCOLATE!!

With love

Elaine

Hi there,
    I agree with the others, there is nothing like a good cry, i once cried at the frozen pea advert, in case the peas were too cold, never lived that one down though!!!!! xxxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information