Thread: concerns about going on medication

concerns about going on medication

recently for the past couple weeks I've been feeling lightheadedness and I just want to feel normal again. I feel this is due to my anxiety. I've had blood work done and all they found was that I was a little low on vitamin D. I'm planning to start some anti anxiety medication along with the therapy I'm already doing to see if that helps. However I'm a little worried about side effects. My regular doctor seems to think that the anti depressant kind will work best for me but I'm going to a psychiatrist soon to make sure. If you have or are currently on the anti depressant group of anti anxiety meds could you please explain how it effects you? All I know is that they take longer to start working and they aren't as addicting. Also have you noticed any changes in the level of your anxiety? thank so you much =)

Re: concerns about going on medication

Sides effects can vary from person to person. For the majority they are easily tolerated, maybe slight dehydration, headaches if a dose is missed ect, but nothing troublesome. It is possible to get contradicting effects (more anxiety, depression, shaking) or sensitivity to anti depressants can cause hyperactivity/mania -but this is uncommon and is easily fixed (just stop taking them)

More than likely you will be prescribed Lexapro or Citalopram; heres a site which shows user experiences with these particular meds

http://www.askapatient.com/viewratin...0&name=LEXAPRO

http://www.askapatient.com/viewratin...22&name=CELEXA

*Always look at the duration someones been taking the drug, bad reviews normally come from people who have taken the med once. Look for users who have taken the med for at least a month (as you mentioned it takes a few weeks to become effective)

Its nothing to worry about though, millions of people (including myself) take them and have no side effects.

Thread Information