Thread: Dysthymia

Dysthymia

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has dysthymia. My sis reckons i may have this as i have had mild bouts of depression for years now but seem to sort it out myself through rest, self hypnosis c.ds. I am also an (out of work) qualified aromatherapist so use my oils to help. I have been indoors mostly in bed for the past 2 days, trying to recharge my batteries as i feel no motivation and a bit derealisation. When i have these phases i feel in an anti-social mood.....not wanting to open the door to anyone until i feel up to it. Does anyone else have these feelings?. Thanx Ang. x

Re: Dysthymia

Hi

I moved your post to Symptoms as you posted it in the wrong forum. Hope that is ok.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi, ok thanx. x

Hello Starlady I dont suffer from this as I have been diagnosed as having severe recurrent depressive disorder. However I do understand your symptoms and how debilitating this must be affecting your day to day life. You seem to be able to handle these states yourself by as you say a mixture of rest and aromatherapy and cds. I'm not sure whether you are seeking any further clarity for you condition maybe some support? I have read that if you suffer dysthmia that you have a greater chance of developing major depression. If it is severely affecting your life then you might want to get your GP involved.The labels that the medical profession put on us are just labels after all. Sometimes we know more than they do about healing ourselves. In my case I believe that I can draw on inner strengths if I need to when I am ill but I also rely on prescribed medication too and support from an excellent psychiatrist and GP. I hope that you find the answers to your problems.

Thread Information