Thread: Slight swelling cheek after eating Nuts & Raisins.

Slight swelling cheek after eating Nuts & Raisins.

Good evening all!

How are you all? I've been doing awesome. I Guess i've learned to deal with health anxiety, I still get anxious at times but at a reasonable level, Its been about a month since I last visited my doctor and I would like to keep this up ^^

Anyways, I am here of a new...wel....sensation should I call it? its located on the left side on the part of my cheek that is pressing against my wisdom teeth.

It allmost feels...numb...and slightly swollen, i've never had this before so I got a bit anxious, and I decided to ask here <3

I just had one of those tasty mixes of diffirent types of nuts and raisins, when I first felt the feeling I got a liiiitle bit afraid and walked over to the mirror to look at in, I saw a small piece of nut stuck to flushed my mouth a bit with some water and it was gone...But the feeling is still there

Im not extremely terrifed since it came up very suddenly and all after eating some nuts and I spotted some small bits on that location check I checked...But I still have that..sickening hole on my stomach feeling...

I've had this mix of nuts before and didn't notice anything, its only only on a small part...so I did not exactly think of an allergic reaction...

Ah...Any ideas? ^^

Kind Regards,

Kraggy!

Re: Slight swelling cheek after eating Nuts & Raisins.

Most likely you just irritated your cheek. I've actually had an allergic reaction to sunflower seeds before (when I was 16) which has given me a phobia of such reactions for life.

If you were truly having an allergic reaction I HIGHLY doubt it would only effect one small portion of your mouth. Typically your lips would itch and/or swell, your throat and tongue would swell, etc. Even if no swelling occured something like skin hives would be more likely than a small patch of your cheek going numb.

Esp given the fact that you had a piece of nut stuck to it. I'm sure it just made a tiny scratch. It was probably just slightly embedded in the skin and when you flushed it away the area got sore.

Re: Slight swelling cheek after eating Nuts & Raisins.

Thank you for your reply Mandy,

The feeling just dissapeared out of its own after about 30 minutes after making the post, When I feel the area with my tongue now I can feel a small hole, I belive that a piece of sharp nut simply damaged the cheek and caused the feeling : /

Thread Information