Thread: HA is out of control again

HA is out of control again

I am on the verge of a panic attack because my anxiety-filled mind thinks that I have some kind of GI or gynecological cancer. There are a few things that I am trying to keep in mind so that I do not have a meltdown about this, because I know that they are influencing how I feel.

1. I currently have my period, i.e. the hormones are raging.
    2. I just stopped taking Lexapro altogether last week after being on it for over a year.
    3. My wonderful bunny died in front of me several days ago.

I guess I am just rambling because I feel so edgy right now that I need to write it down. Last year, I had major anxiety, along with a few panic attacks (terrifying!), after I was diagnosed with shingles in May. I went on to convince myself that I had a tumor or something in my breast (mammogram was negative) and then a brain tumor (MRI scan was negative). Then I started therapy and meds and the anxiety was seemingly under control until the last month or so. I know that anxiety can produce a ton of different physical symptoms, especially when you obsess about a particular area (which for me at this point is my abdomen, groin and pelvis), but my pessimistic and anxiety-filled mind is filled with worst-case scenario thoughts again. What a vicious cycle!

Thanks for reading this, and please feel free to put your two cents in. I know so many of you can relate to these thoughts and feelings. I've been on this roller coaster ride for long enough to know that once the seed of doubt has been planted, it grows like a weed.

Re: HA is out of control again

Hi Col

Firstly hugs (()) so sorry you are feeling so rubbish. Its good that you have recognised what has triggered the panic, thats half the battle.

Its positive that you have MRI scan and mammogram that were both negative, you know what its like with HA though, you just go from one issue to the next.

I have had unexplained pelvic pain on my left side, which I am sure is down to IBS, I have had an ultrasound scan which did not find anything aside from alot of wind, how embarrasing!!
    I found that the more i focused on trying to find the pain, or thinking about the pain the worse it got.

Also if you are on your period that may well be attributing to some of the abdominal discomfort.

Is there anything you can do to distract yourself? Read a book or go for a swim?
    If the pain continues obv go to your doctor and get it checked out for your own piece of mind

Big hugs

xx

I can and will get through this....

Re: HA is out of control again

yes i have the same pelvic pain itscares me ,,i think its wind more we think about the pain the worse it seems to get hope you feel better soon

Thread Information