Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Globus Hystericus??? (not so hysterical)

Re: Globus Hystericus??? (not so hysterical)

Thank you spring and Wee-Mee. Mine seems to be a combination of both of yours. It is primarily in my big right neck muscle but sometimes feels like a fullness horizontally across (I can relate to the TV feeling), sometimes both.

I also try to ignore it but it is very prominent as well as annoying and unnerving.

Hi all,
    I have also been having the feeling of a marble in my throat.
    My doctor sent me for a scope on my throat to my stomach to see if I had any growths. None I am fine. Then he did tests for thyroid. I am ok there.
    His feeling was do to my arthritis and medications I am it is causing this very uncomfortable sensation plus some stress in my life now.
    So he has put me nalprazolam 0.25 mg 1 tablet at bedtime. It really helped.
    I find however that during the day around 12:00 noon it reappears so he has said to take half a pill and see it that helps and it does.

Best of luck to all and hope your doctor can find out what is going on.

There is lots of web pages to read on Google search globus throat condition.
    Trisha

Smile Re: Globus Hystericus??? (not so hysterical)

I know that feeling as I've had it today a feeling that I can't swallow although it's not affecting my appetite but it does leave me feeling uncomfortable - I am also trying to get used to this feeling but am in the same position and would like to know how you can cure this.
    Cath

Hi
    I guess this is some kind of justice for all the poking and proding I have done of my own patients.. but I am a physician who has developed what everyone else here has described.. It would be interesting to see how long everyone has had their symptoms for and if the symptoms of globus have ever gone away - I've read essentially all the medical literature on this subject and although there is a lot of information- I have not seen any estimate of duration.. thanks
    rtp

Hi rtp

I have had this symptom off and on for about 18years. It has varied in severity and once there, it is extremely difficult to rid yourself from.

I have convinced myself on many occasions that my throat was really going to close over. It is such a psyical symptom and extremely frightening.

I don't know about anyone else but when i get it, i drink lots of water, perhaps too much just to make sure i can still swallow. I eat mints and smear my necks in Vick's.

Anyway, Welcome along and i hope we can help you with your research.

Kind regards
    Lisa

I have had this for 6 months now. I feel comfortable now I am taking nalprazolam. I have been on this medication for 1 month now. I also found if I have coffee the problems starts all over again= no coffee for me.

Hi all,
    new to this but, at first it was just a sporadic apysode and then since last jan I'm having some serious attacks. Got omeprazole prescribed but it increases the syptoms instead of alleviating them. I'm also allergic to most medicines and tablets. In terms of diet/food is there anything that can help? Other symptoms are: dry mouth, swallen tongue with teeth marks either side, can't swallow as there is no much saliva left ........ it's a real problem. I fear going at work every day because if it happens there I would really struggle and there is noone I could talk to there ............... I do keep off alcohol, sugar, dairy, caffeine, roasted/fatty/spicy food,........ take some supplements to help with vitamins and minerals. Is there any medication without side effects? I seem to be allergic to all of them ..........

Hi

Well I have just come back from the docs in a state of complete panic. She asked me a few questions, and had a look at my throat and glands....and I explained about my anxiety etc....and we talked about CBT etc. for which sh has referred me....but then right at the end of the appointment she looked at me and said 'Do you think you need a camera down your throat?' I said I did not know...She said it was probably better not to, as there was a smallrisk of perforation etc.....I'm at the stage where I am not sure if the symptoms are real or not ....and terrified I am not doing what I should....at teh moment I have that lump in the throat, and am so conscious of swallowing I find it difficult to eat etc...Can anyone help?

*Sigh* this is the complaint that has drawn me to this forum.
    I first noticed the symptoms about 5 months ago -a constricted feeling in the throat with associated aching and swallowing that made it feel as if my oesophagus had turned into cardboard tubing! I thought "wtf is this!!?" when it first appeared and started thinking about throat infections or maybe cancer.
    Ok so I've identified it and I *am* stressed -more than ever before and have accepted that I have this bl**dy thing. The events that have resulted in my stress are beyond my control and I am not into chemical repression (anti depressants -prozac etc) so, does anyone have any alternative solutions (I am listening to calming music/burning incense and repeating self affirmations and mantras like it's going out of fashion).
    I'm doing yoga, cycling and walking but my throat still feels like a bl**dy chimney.
    Any advice gratefully accepted.
    MM

Unhappy Re: Globus Hystericus??? (not so hysterical)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
    Can some of you with this offer some of your symptoms with Globus.

Does yours come and go or is it constant? Does it move around your neck or stay in the same place?

What I am experiencing is a severe tightness and/or tension that moves around my neck area and also comes and goes. I have had it for about 3 months now. It is mostly located in the triangular muscles on the front/sides of the neck that run from the ears to above the collar bone. Sometimes it feels like a tightening or fullness under my chin and down my throat. Sometimes it feels like swelling but when I ask someone if my neck looks swollen they always say no. I have never really had trouble swallowing. Relief during the day is minimal.

Can anyone relate? Your input would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Exact same with me also, my neck is tight on both sides, my ears crack when I stretch my neck to relieve the tightness, stretch my neck as far as I can to also relieve the knot I feel in my throat. STRESS! I do the same thing check for lumps and swelling in my neck and there's nothing. Again STRESS!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information