Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird Feelings in Mind

Weird Feelings in Mind

Hi all,

The last two days have been really bad. First of all I had really bad panic attacks last week, with lots of physical symptoms now I've got loads of mental symptoms.

It feels like I'm here and everyone else is my imaginaion. It's like I don't know anything or anyone. It feels like my mind is empty and I don't know anything, I can't think :(

It's like I'm in a dream world, like I don't know where I am, but I do :(

If people talk to me, I reply, but It's like I haven't said it, like I'm on auto-pilot?

Also, It feels like all my memories are like Dreams, I never actually did any of it?

Have I lost my mind? Have I gone mad or got something like schizophrenia ?? :(

Hi Matt,
    No you definatley havent gone mad, this is all to do with the symptoms of anxiety, feeling spaced out and like your in a dream world is typical.
    Think positively and dont let this get to you, it will go away.
    Take care
    Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

Hi Matt,

Sorry to hear you're feeling bad right now. I too have been there where I've held on to such a level on anxiety that my brain just doesn't operate. Almost like I'm not there or someone is actually speaking for me. I'm not sure if it's related to, or classed as depersonalisation but as you start to calm down a bit, things start to come back again. One of the worst parts of anxiety and I really can sympathise with how you're feeling right now.

Best Wishes,

Mark

Hi Matt

NO you haven't gone mad anxiety/panic attacks does send the mind all over the place. Once it starts to lift you will feel better i'm sure you will be fine try to be positive and not let it take over.

take care
    linda xx

Hi Matt,
    I am very sorry to hear that you are feeling so ill at the moment.
    You are definately not going mad.
    I hope that you start to feel better soon.
    In the mean time positive thinking (although I appreciate just how difficult it can be) may help a little...
    Take Care
    Chucklehound
    xxx

D/Personalisation
    derealisation/depersonlisation
    Hi new member mom w/ panic and dp/dr
    Disassociation
    when will this feeling leave?
    FEELING SPACED!
    ?Derealisation
    My mind and depersonalisation
    Derealization
    Surreal, Unreal, Spaced-Out, Derealization etc

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

It seems to be getting worse :(

It's like I don't know anything, I look around and I don't know anything. It's like I'm Brain Dead.

hey matt,
    ive been having the same feelings for really long time. at first it was worse, but after i started doing some coping techniques, just relaxing and thinking positively and most of all going with the flow, almost as if enjoying these weird mind feelings. but let me reassure you i do not enjoy them at all, in fact they are really scary and make me question if its anxiety or not(but i know thats also part of anxiety). all i can say is that it has been proven that these feelings are actually good for you, it is like the brain is so overwhelmed with anxiety that it goes into that state to protect itself from any other stimuli. once i started thinking positively my condition has greatly improved, however i still have these feelings everyday to this day.

so i just want you to know youre not alone, but just like everyone said, as soon as you start dealing with anxiety and it starts going away, these symptoms will leave. at first it will be occasional and then they will be completely gone.

maybe you can relate to some of the things i feel, i will try to explain my symptoms.
    the most often one, is the feeling of being distant, like when you look at something you dont feel like its really there but is really distant and then you catch yourself spacing out. thats the one that i have the most. also sometimes if i try to remember something that happened yesterday its almost really hard to do, its almost as if my brain doesnt want to remember it and it seems like that memory is a dream.
    when im in a state of panic, these symptoms increase proving only that they are indeed from anxiety.

anyway reply back.
    Stan

I Defiently have the "memory is a dream" feeling, it's like everything I've ever done is a dream and yes when I try to think back at things, it's like I can't, I can but it's really hard.

It's like I'm questioning everything as well, like who are we? and stupid things. Anyone experiened that?

So all this crap should just "go" when my anxiety goes? My anxiety all started about two months ago when I had a panic attack one night, then started worrying about everything :( I started getting this "dreamy" "not real" feeling after a panic attack one night.

One last question about the going mad thing, Am I right in saying that I'm not going mad because I'm aware of what is happening to me? I've read somewhere before that mad people don't know what is happening to them?

Thanks in advance,
    Matt

yes, if you were going mad it wouldnt scare you. if the thought of going mad scares and frightens you then you are not going mad. it is almost like if you have bad thoughts but you are scared they will happen, that means they wont happen, as oppose to a serial killer who actually enjoys these scary thoughts and gets pleasure out of them.

eventually as you start coping with anxiety and calming and down and get out of the whole, what is going on with me thinking you, the depersonalization will let go and you will come back to normal. in fact you are normal now, its just how our brains turn off the rest of the world as to cope with anxiety. to us it feels weird, but its a relaxed mode to our brains. if you think too much, thats what it does shuts off and prevents you from thinking so anxiously.
    accept the fact that you have this, recognize that it is anxiety, and dont fight or resist it, then you will pay attention to it more and obsess over it and it will just prolong the feeling. just flow with them, thats what i tend to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information