Thread: admitting things that aren't true

admitting things that aren't true

This may sound strange, but do you ever get the odd compulsion to admit to things you didn't/don't even do/feel? For example, I had this really odd compulsion to admit to my boyfriend that I cheated on him, and it is 100% not true! He is the only man I've ever been with. Period! I have not so much as given hints to anyone since he and I have been together. I don't know why, but I get this awful feeling to tell him that. (You may have also read a thread by me talking about worrying I have feelings for one of hisfriends. NO, haha, I did not act upon those thoughts... but I'm pretty sure they're coming from the same place.)I also get weird compulsions to tell my sister I have a crush on her husband (I don't, not ever ever ever )!... I don't really know what happened, but my anxiety/OCD took a 3 month summer vacation and now it is back in full attack mode. Do you ever feel this way? I mean, do you ever feel like you need to admit something you didn't even do?!! These thoughts are making it really hard for me to be around my boyfriend, because I am afraid of hurting him with words that I don't even mean! I love him and I just want to be comfortable with him again. And yes, I am well aware of rOCD. I have talked to my therapist about it (although she wasn't too familiar with it) and she said that is common with anxious/OCD patients.

Also, is there anyone else out there that does not deal with their anxiety/OCD/depression with drugs? I refuse to take them, because I don't want to be dependant on them. (I mean no offense to those who do take them. They're just not for me.) Just wondering how you cope with your struggles on your own...?

"When the rain is blowing in your face,
    and the whole world is on your case.
    I would offer you a warm embrace...
    To make you feel my love"

Re: admitting things that aren't true

i dont take any drugs,,i refused them,,but im on loads for other things,,so dont want to overload my body

Thread Information