Thread: Head Injury And Low Blood Pressure

Head Injury And Low Blood Pressure

It all started so well. Yesterday i was feeling quite motivated for the first time in a long time and decided to make a special effort to try and get my relationship back on track with my husband. He was at work so I text him and said I would make a nice meal and we could have some quality time together.
    I did just that so that when he got in we opened a bottle of wine, put some music on and ate are dinner. Things were going very well, we had our first proper conversation in a long time and the wine was flowing....... You could say romance was in the air!!
    Anyway I went off to go the loo, a bit unsteady on my feet, returned to the kitchen and fell and bashed my head on the table. I don't remeber much else until I came round in the A and E dept. of the local hospital. Drips etc and a bad cut to my head. Apparently my husband had rang for an ambulance because I was unconcious. This was about 1am , anyway they gave me 2 bags of saline (or whatever it is) and kept checking my blood pressure. At one point the nurse put monitor on herself to check if machine was working OK. My blood pressure remained very low and they couldn't decide whether to keep me in hospital, finally they said I could go at about 6am.
    I take Citalopram, anti-eplileptic medication and medication for an overctive thyroid and although I don't drink very often when I do it has never made me lose my balance and fall. I have also lost quite a bit of weight over the last few months. I am now worried about my blood pressure being so low, the doctor in the hospital said I should go and see my GP in a couple of days and have it checked again.

Sorrry to go on but just as I thought I was getting back on track everything has been thrown into chaos again, and I've got "superglue" stuck on my head!!

Unhappy Re: Head Injury And Low Blood Pressure

Can anyone help with this please, I've made an appointment with GP for tomorrow but this low blood pressure thing is really starting to worry me now. Thanks

Re: Head Injury And Low Blood Pressure

Hi

Apparently drinking lots of water will help with low blood pressure.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information