Hi Gem

Welcome to the forum.

You are definately not alone with these thoughts

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
    Will I ever be free?
    Wake me up from this nightmare.
    Please just give me the key!

Welcome to the forum. We have all had thoughts like these! It is great that you are trying to be so positive about it though.

Tam x

Hi Gemma

Welcome aboard the forum and I hope we can provide you with some support on here.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

I was just wondering... could it be that you have a fear of being too happy? I think deep down a lot of us do. We tend to think that we don’t deserve happiness, success, good fortune, whatever. We don’t feel worthy of it. Perhaps that’s why your mind is conjuring up these thoughts at this time. You’re expecting the good times to come to an end, and your subconscious mind is trying to fulfil those beliefs by showing you ways in which it could happen.

Let me know if that rings true – I have a couple of other thoughts about it.

Hi Nigel, have just read your post. Can you be too happy? I keep thinking that i'm so happy that somethings going to go wrong.

I was wondering what your other thoughts were.

Thank you to everyone who's replied to me, it means so much.

Gem

Gem,
    I have always been a bit of a 'worrier' and suffered from anxiety, but never more so than after the birth of my two children. Because I loved them so much, I became cripplingly frightened of losing them. Also, as they have got older, (they are now 8 and 11), I became increasingly frightened of dying myself, and leaving them without a mother to care for them.
    I now suffer from health anxiety. If anything is wrong with the me or the kids, I always assume the worst. For example my daughter was suffering with backache that went on for a few months. It turned out to be nothing, but not before I had trawled the internet looking at spinal tumours etc. I am also always really frightened of doing things like going on planes, trains, holidays in case something awful happens and we all die, or an accident occurs and we one of us is left crippled etc etc.....

This all may be of no help to you other than realising you are not alone, and maybe your worries are not as bad as all that! You have had some good advice so far, and I would reiterate the person from NZ, get down on the kids level and enjoy being with them. That is exactly what I do.

I think Nigel too has a point when he says "... could it be that you have a fear of being too happy? I think deep down a lot of us do. We tend to think that we don’t deserve happiness, success, good fortune, whatever". We think its all too good to be true, and that something bad is bound to happen because we're not allowed to be happy and enjoy ourselves. I havn't a clue where such thoughts come from though.[|)]

I have seen counsellors and had 6 months of CBT, not tried medication due to phobia of taking mind-altering tablets. This has all helped me to understand my problems, but I think this website may prove more useful!

Try and rationalise - you have as much chance of dying as the next person. And if you are relatively young and fit, those chances are pretty remote.

Good luck

Mable

Hi gem

Your not alone with this fear trust me, it is quite natural to worry about the what if's with children! I hate it when the children leave the house without my husband or I because of the way the world is today, I feel like I cant breath until I know they are all safe and sound!

Your feelings are quite natural and instinctive so dont feel your alone

Read the stories on the forum and good luck

Sue with 5

scknight

Hi ya welcome to the site.

What you are feeling is completely normal and classic of anxiety. I to have had and still have the fear of dying its really scary and i think that as we get older we notice more how time flies past and how short life really is and i think the people that suffer with anxiety and all the symptoms often thing too much and too deeply into things, which ends up blowing things up out of all proportion at times. When i get really bad with the fear of dying and silly thoughts running round in my mind i just try and distract myself. Sometimes its not so easy.

Love & Hugs from Sarah-Jane xxxx

Re: Hello and Fear of dying

hi , i also have a fear of dying too soon and it is affecting my life way too much, i am due to go on holidays soon and i am dreading the flight very much, i detest flying cos im convinced someting is going to happen to me and my family, it has caused countless arguments with my husband as he doesnt seem to be afraid of anything, i have two young children and i avoid allsorts of situations in case something happens, i felt like i was not normal i am trying the paul mackenna hypnotherapy cd to help with the fear of flying but only time will tell if it works or not, any comments will be helpful x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information