Thread: Happy stories.

Happy stories.

Hi all... I have been on this site for a good while now. I suffer from agorophobia and anxiety attacks. I thought I was getting better from the support of my family and friends and also the help from this site. That was until my Father died 4 months ago. I have got worse and now my attacks start at home which they never did do before. I am now on Fluanoxal (0.5mg) and seeing a psychologist. At first the pills started to work but now I feel like they are wearing off? I have a severe fear or dying (probably cause of most of my family and friends have died over the years)? It is getting me down, so I was just hoping someone could tell me a story with a happy ending instead of reading how things arn't working for people. Any advice would be nice too. Thanks all. x

Re: Happy stories.

welcome to NMP, I found a site called gone too soon when my dad died, i found it of great comfort, maybe you could check it out some time see what you think

Emms xxxxx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

Thanks for that...when I can get my mind around looking at somthing like that I will do. Thanks again.

Hi Stacey
    Hang on in there ---it will get better---just keep repeating to yourself the advice my late mother gave to me a long time ago and it has been of great use over the years ----very simple but it does calm you down

'THIS TOO WILL PASS'

That's a nice one thanks assisi. x

Hi Stacey,
    I have anxiety and panic attacks for many years now. i had cbt therapy about 2 yrs ago which really brought me a long way to being pretty well again. Back in November 08 my dad died ( i found him dead ) which was a real shock ..and to top it all a month later my dog had to be put to sleep (he was 13 )it has brought my anxiety and panic back ten fold and i really panic being on my own ..i struggle each day and its been a long while now...G.P. refered me back for cbt but they refused me help saying i'd already learnt all the coping tools for anxiety and its down to me to get out this mess myself basically ...i agree with them to a certain degree but the emotional issues surrounding the loss of my dad are really hindering any sort of reasoning with my brain and panic at the moment! They also suggested i go on AD's as they said my mood was very low...would'nt most after loosing a loved one? I havent taken the tabs yet but may consider.. Anyway if you ever wanna chat about things you can pm me anytime and i will get back to you take care Jodie xx

Thread Information