Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any 1 got any advice 4 me ??

any 1 got any advice 4 me ??

hi my friends

Wonder if any one has got any positive advice for me because so far ive read nothing but horror stories on here.

I want to gradually ween off the cipralex ive been on meds 10 years and now find that they dont really do anything for me anymore just make me blurry headed i am on 10mg an doctor has advized to take it every other night to begin with i think i should do 10mg 1 night 5 the next instead of 10mg 1 night non the next .

Also how bad should i expect the withdrawal process to be i wasnt too concerned untill i read the stories on here has anyone got any positive advice or success stories .

very much appreciated thankyou.

Re: any 1 got any advice 4 me ??

Hi freda. I came off them from 30mg to 20mg for a month and then 10mg for a month and then nothing. And I got no side effects whatsoever. Everyone is different. If you tell yourself you will have side effects then you will have side effects. Just try be positive and remember that it worked for me. I had to go back on them after a few months as I had not stayed on them long enough.

the head wooshes are bothering me i am wondering weather to put up with them untill they go any one no how long they take to go ? or take 10mg 5mg alternate nights ....

Hi fretty,

I was taking Lexapro for 2 1/2 years and I weaned myself off gradually. I went from taking them 7 days a week to every other day then I went to every two days and then like Wednesday and Saturday only. I had no side effects whatsoever.

You will be fine if you just do it slowly.

Take care
    Natalie x

thanks guys x

1 WEEK into taking 10mg 1 night 5mg the next this is reducing the dose by 5MG every other night and the withdrawall symptons are here....

feeling down
    restless
    jelly head
    mood swings
    hot flushes
    agitated
    constant feeling of being generally unwell cant put my finger on it
    sick
    head whooshes

Is it really worth coming off these god damn meds ??

how long do you think these feelings are going to last ??

and when i take the next step down in a months time i will have more withdrawall for a few weeks !!

then i will get use to that and have withdrawal again....

heres my plan

10mg 1 night 5mg 1 night = 1 month

5mg 1night 5mg 1 night =1 month

5mg 1 night 0mg 1 night = 1 month

5mg 1 night 0mg 1 night 5 mg 1 night= 1 month

5mg 1 night 0 mg 1 night 0mg1 night 5mg 1 night= 1 month

STOP

This process is going to take 5 months in total and i dont think i can stand withdrawall symptons for that long ... the only reason i want off the meds is because they dont bloody help me.
    I am going to have to continue through the pain when times get tough and fight my way through possible times of anxiety can i really be bothered DOCTORS DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW BAD COMING OFF THIS s**t IS .
    WHAT AM A GUNNA DO .... XX

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Freda, it seems a long plan to wean off your meds. You are on a low dose (10 mg) I would probably ask my Dr for a good withdrawal strategy. I think you might be able to fast track the plan.

i made it up myself because the doctor suggested 10mg 1night 0mg 1 night for a month then 10mg 0mg 0mg ect ect

within 2 days my head was whooshing so bad i had to devise my own plan i made it so gradual because i am too worried about these effects already kicking in

Why not try a reducing but level dose, that makes more sense to me as you are not experiencing swings in the level of medication. I'm doing that with escitalopram and reduced from 10 to 7.5 which I'm staying on for for a month then 5 for a month etc. I've bought a £1.99 tablet cutter from Boots which makes it easy.

ok so if i am on 10mg 1 night 5mg the next i can cut the tab to what now ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information