Thread: ocd or panic!?

ocd or panic!?

i have ocd which i am bein treated for and now the ocd is fading the panic is gettin worse! because i have all this free time now.....and dont know what to do with it! am starting to think i prefered havin ocd! any suggestions????

Re: ocd or panic!?

Quote Originally Posted by lajjj View Post
    i have ocd which i am bein treated for and now the ocd is fading the panic is gettin worse! because i have all this free time now.....and dont know what to do with it! am starting to think i prefered havin ocd! any suggestions????
    Can you describe what you are feeling in more detail?

ocd used to be my life after cbt for 2 years it has settled down but now i dont know what to do with the time i used to spend it cleaning and washing now the panic attacks r worse and i cant sit still ! i think the ocd was hiding the panic attacks???

Quote Originally Posted by lajjj View Post
    ocd used to be my life after cbt for 2 years it has settled down
    First of all, congrats for getting thru 2 years of CBT and getting your OCD under control. That is no small task.

but now i dont know what to do with the time i used to spend it cleaning and washing now the panic attacks r worse and i cant sit still ! i think the ocd was hiding the panic attacks???
    The panic attacks could also be a manifestation of what was causing your OCD.

Take a look at the Panic Attacks section in Problems/Issues. They've got some good ideas there.

Also, you'll be able to get this under control - you've gotten your OCD under control and this is no different.

thank you its all just such a struggle its like u fix one problem and another pops up! i started on citalopram bout 4 weeks ago and was feelin better...then i started to get severe headaches ggggggggrrrrrr this is the second med av tried was on it a few years back and dont remember getting headaches like this... so once again i fear its back to the docs and another 4 weeks of debilitating side effects! i just wanna get on with life! because its passing by...... and am not living it!xxx

I see your point about having extra time to fill. There is a saying that an idle mind is the devils playground. While you were busy cleaning and feeding your OCD, your mind was focused. Now, you have too much time to think.

Can i suggest you try and fill your time with challenging 'mental tasks' such as crosswords, writing, drawing, learning new skills and sudoku? They really help to distract you and sharpen your brain.

Best wishes to you and good luck.

Ruth

Thread Information