Thread: strange throat thing going on

strange throat thing going on

if i eat anything if only a tiny mouthful which is all i can eat atm really, it feels like ive got loads of saliva at the back of my throat, and im not able to swallow its the only way i can describe it ,its really weird feeling and making me really scared anyone else get this?

Re: strange throat thing going on

Hi Amanda,

I get this all the time, especially in the mornings when it makes me feel like I just wanna cough but almost make myself sick. Somedays it continues all through the day as well, but I just eat and drink as normal and don't seem to feel it when eating.

I really panicked when this first started, now it just seems to be a normal part of my everyday life.

Hang in.
    Natalie x

thanks natalie its just a horrible feeling ,i cant eat atm cos of it today ive had 2 sips of soup and nothing else, its prob in my head now hope your feeling ok and will catch up soon
    take care amandaxx

omg!!!! i am so glad im nt the only 1 with these symptons!!

im only 16 so this has really scared me!
    about 4 weeks ago i choked when i was eating. i've choked before but this was really scary - like someone put a plug in my throat!!!
    anyway the following nite i was convinced that my chest was all tight and i couldn't breathe. turned out it was a panic attack

since then i'v had this lump in the back of my throat. its really annoyin and hard to forget about. i feel like i cant breathe properly and have to constantly breathe heavily through my mouth. my throat sometimes gets sore and at times it feels like my throats closing over. i find it really hard to swallow and have to drink loads of water with every mouthful of food to make sure i've swallowed properly. its especially irritating at nite when it can take til about 4am 2 go 2 sleep. i also get headaches and feel light headed.

im just so glad im nt alone here! i've never had any health issues in my life so these past few weeks have been a nightmare!!!!! im turning myself in2 a hypochondriac (excuse spelling lol) - so far i've been convinced that im choking, had mouth cancer, am anaemic, had a collapsed lung etc - im going crazy and thats what scares me the most because im normally level headed and dont get 2 worked up about anything!!

i went to the doctor and she looked at my throat and said that i just have big tonsils!! and my blood test came bak all clear but my throat is still doing my head in
    i've read on this site that it could be anxiety
    do you think it is my fear of choking again that is stressing me out???

i think it is anxiety its definatly a symptom of it i hope you get it sorted though cos your so young and you dont want it take over your life
    take care amandaxxx

aww amanda thank you so much. ive been tryin 2 4get about it and it helps. it comes and goes now but its nt as bad!
    what about you? i hop ur feelin better because its very annoyin!!!!!
    xxxxxxx hang in there!

Thread Information