Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's great to know you are not alone

It's great to know you are not alone

I've just come back from picking my children up from school (great fun and stress free, not!!) Just seen all the responses to my message earlier and it feels nice to know I am not alone. Anxiety and panic can make you feel so alone. I sometimes feel kind of floaty when I am around other people as if everyone is coping and I feel 'different'. I guess I am trying to distance myself from what is going on around me so I don't feel panicky. I've never really asked for help with all this; I don't want to go on medication. I was prescribed Peroxitine (think that's how its spelt!) for depression about 10 years ago and when I tried going back on them a few years later, I had a reaction. Drugs are a no,no for me....I read self-help books, but its remembering to put everything you read into practise. This feels great, just talking....I don't think I'd realised how lonely I felt despite living in a noisy house full of kids! Sorry for the long message....xxxx[:I]

Hey Jem,

I can totally relate to what you've said. I have two young kids, and my house is far from quiet, but yet you can feel really lonely when you are battling with anxiety. This site makes such a HUGE difference to that, and it helps just to get things out, without worrying what others will think!

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Just as it is unwise to dismiss herbal treatments and therapy I think it is also worth considering that there are lots of different types of medicines, some of which may just help.

Its defintely possible to deal with panic by improving your lifestyle etc but some people need a little boost prehaps.

You are certainly not alone, lots of love to you, I have a friend who tried seroxat and hated it, another who loved it !!

Welcome aboard Jem!! Looking forward to getting to know you better

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Hi Jem,
    great to meet you, i too can relate to what you say, my kids (youngest is 15) have started leading their own lives now, which is great, except mummy (me) has a lot of spare time to think too much now!!! I also don't take meds.This site has been a godsend to me. speak soon i hope.

Hi Jem and welcome -
    It is great to have a place to go to where people can relate to how you are feeling!! I have found this site to be both supportive and informative and have made some great friends here.
    I have 4 kids myself - 3 of them still at home and all teenagers (I'm in hormone hell right now). So I know what you mean about the stress with the kids. Sometimes my 'supermom' complex gets the best of me and I wear myself down pretty quick. Just remember that you need some time for you too
    If you need to chat - feel free to PM me.

Sandy
    (eeyorelover)

If the world didn't suck... we'd all fall off

Hi Jem

It certainly does help to know you are not alone in the way you feel and to get some useful help and advice from others.

I can understand about not wanting to take medication. Have you considered therapy at all?

Or No Panic run a telephone CBT course that you might like to consider.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Jem

I have two boys (11 & 13) - getting them up and out to school = major stress! Dinner in the evening = major stress! Getting them to bed at a reasonable time (to allow my hubbie and me some peace) = major stress, the list goes on, so I can identify with you!

Our house is never quiet and to add insult to injury, my eldest has just started to learn the drums!

I am currently doing a CBT course and I really believe it is making a difference.

I sometimes feel kind of floaty when I am around other people as if everyone is coping and I feel 'different'. - yes I used to feel like this, almost like I was an observer to what was happening, but those feelings have begun to subside - so, please have hope!

Please feel free to pm me, if you need to talk further.

Hope you find a nice quiet space tonight.

Elaine XX

hi, yeah it is great to know that your not alone, i thought that i was actually dying or something when i first had them, now i know that everything i go through is normal for a painc attack sufferer. when i get those classic signs and syomptoms of panic they dont scare as much as i know its just the panic. takecare xx.

dmcgovern

Welcome to the board Jem. You are right - anxiety does make you feel completely isolated - I've found this board to be a godsend. I'm sure you will too!

Take care

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information