Thread: Battling With Citralopam

Battling With Citralopam

hi evryone,9wks on cit now.8 on 20mg lifted mood but anxiety still bad.on 30 now for 3days.still as anxious,anybody had any experience like this,on meds for ocd and anxiety,any advice would be appreciated,ta

Re: Battling With Citralopam

Your going to have to wait again im afraid Celtic! the new dose has to get adjusted .2-3 weeks ,full benefits 4-6 possibly 8 .It needs to be a dose of between 30-40 mg for bad anxiety to lift .Have you been offered any therapy yet .? It wont be as bad as the start, so chin up mate .You will get there .All the best Sue

hi sue,started cbt with a psycholigist 3 wks ago,so with that and the upping of the dosage,hopefly that will make a diffrence

be patient it takes time to adjust

Your system will have to adjust to the new levels, unfortunately that means the temporary side effects may return (if you experienced any) but they shouldn't be as severe.

Remember the side effects are short lived and the gain at the other end is well worth it.

I am looking at an increase too...mine were working but had a minor setback. I felt really great though once the meds were working. You will too!

Keep your chin up, and you have lots of support here.

Hi celtic67

I've been on 20mg for 12wks now & no longer have any side effects except weight gain. I've also been working with a psychologist for 6mths & I'm now feeling the benefits. My anxiety is much reduced, I'm back at work & life no longer feels like tourture.

For those of you who felt as I did that seeing a psychologist would be as much a waste of time & destined to a life of anxiety & medication, please consider it again. My psychologist has been able to uncover things I didn't even know bothered me & through her obsevations & support I've been able to fight my way though what has been a terrifying ordeal. We've all got the inner strength to do that, sometimes we just need someone else to point us in the right direction.

Hang on in there things will improve for you, just take it one baby step at a time!

7. Re: Battling With Citralopam

It's been a while since I was last on citalopram, but I remember them taking a while to 'get started'. Began with 6 weeks on 20mg, then up to 40mg. It was around two months before I started to get any decent benefit from them.

I was quite lucky with side effects - the biggest problem I had was shaky hands, and a constant feeling of being about to shivver (like when you are cold). Once they got going though, I found them most helpful with my anxiety and panic troubles - worth the wait indeed!

Cheers

Gary

Thread Information