Today after doing a sinus rinse, I had some orange fluid running from my nose, it started about an hour after the rinse. It was like orange water but some mucus with blood in it. The rinse itself had been clear, and they had yesterday, I do it twice a day.

I had swine flu 2 weeks ago and a heavy cold with it, which had started to finally clear, but I do have sinus issues when I get a cold. I rung GP for his advice today and he said that he wasnt' sure why I was having this orange from my nose, he said as I had no fever or green snot he didn't think it could be sinusitis so he thinks it possibly is a nostril infection, maybe the sinus rinses have caused a bleed, could this happen? it is only salted solution that is flushed up there? does it sound more likely than sinusitis? my face doesn't hurt and ive no green at all from my nose and ive not had a fever in about 10 days.

The GP said anyway he would like to treat it just incase, so I am on 500mg amoxicillin (antibiotic) for a week. I am concerned because I have had amoxicillin 500mg 4 times this year, each time for nostril/throat infections. Last time was 5 months ago so the GP told me not to worry. Will I be ok? I won't become very run down taking them again? I am a student nurse and I start in the acute hospital in 2 weeks, this is the last thing I need to be worrying that I will be run down My summer holidays have been awful, I have had swine flu, the children have just got over it and now my husband has it We haven't really left the house.