Thread: Flashing light in vision

Flashing light in vision

I went to sit down in the tub and got a head rush like whoa, which isn't all that unusual for me (my blood pressure tends to be on the low side, which is kind of funny given how neurotic I am; you'd think it'd be through the roof), but I also got a throbbing headache and a big migraine patch in my vision that was throbbing with my heartbeat (and, probably not coincidentally, the headache). It only lasted for a few seconds.

I had this happen once before, and I just can't begin to think of what it could be. For the past week or two my worry has been a ruptured brain aneurysm (I rarely if ever am NOT obsessing over having something awful), so this time, of course, it's worrying me a lot. The odd thing is I can't find anything remotely like it anywhere, despite a whole lot of googling.

I do get migraines, or I used to, but this doesn't seem like any migraine I've ever had.

Re: Flashing light in vision

i've had something similar happen to me in the bath and it's what triggered my first ever panic attack. was the water pretty hot? mine was.. not sure if that had anything to do with it. but i got a head rush which sort of weirdly coincided with a heart palpitation and immediately i had a rapid heartbeat, funny head etc.. not sure if we had exactly the same thing but putting your body through diff temps and conditions can do weird things - add anxiety and your body just reacts differently. what do you mean by migraine patch? like an aura type blurriness? how long did the headache last? i went to the doc after it happened to describe it but he said it was panic.
    I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: Flashing light in vision

Could be a migraine but it could also be something to do with your eyes, i'd get to an optition asap just to be on the safe side to rule out some damage to the retena I believe, especially if you have floaters

Thread Information