Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can someone help me?

Re: can someone help me?

OCD is usually a compulsion to do something based on 'bad events will happen if they are not done' in a certain way. Also its important to remember not to get confused with 'quirky behaviour' because there is a line there like the fine line between 'low mood' and depression that often gets overlooked.

The intrusive thoughts and slight 'paranoia' (hate that word so much) towards others is not OCD, not in relation to someone going to physically harm you for no reason anyway.

My advice is do not watch soaps on TV or the news at anytime until things calm down for you as i believe both are poison anyway. Full of negativity that make people question things they dont need to think about.

As for the voices (irrational thoughts), if they get less and less frequent i wouldnt worry too much but if they remain at the same level or intensify then see your GP and ask about Bi-Polar as it fits into 3 or 4 different categories, not just mood swings as is the common trait.

Last thought is that medications have some really bad effects on people so you may want to change what your on to something else or slowly get off some altogether. If your not on meds thats fine, but if you are and your aking for advice, then i just gave you 5 years worth in my reply.

Cons

William Butler Yeats

MY STORY: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42149

hi deadgirl

the fears you will do something are an offshoot of the anxiety - the anxiety causes physical symptoms - well the irrational thoughts/obessions are the mental/emotional part of adrenalin. i have had every thought you have - i was on holiday once with my husband and was terrified of going near him incase i hurt him - i was in tears too although my husband just laughed when i told him because he knows i would not hurt a fly!

the way that helped me was to think - right - i will go out an be a peadophile/stab someone/slit my wrists etc - i gave myself permission and guess what?! i realised how silly these thoughts were - it took time and during this time i had relapses but you will get better.

Hello and I'm sorry that things are so tough for you at the moment.

It is a horrible, horrible illness, and by being honest about what you are going through with those around you, you can start moving through it.

I hope that you're feeling a but better.

I thought something today, that really made me think, i was walking behind someone and had an intrusive violent urge, so i thought exactly what would happen if i did it, and i was really horrified and wanted to cry, not through consequence, but for the other person, that made me realize i could never hurt someone, i knew anyway but its just reassurance, whereas these urges are very powerful, i am strong enough to control them, i need the treatment yes, and have always wondered if i am bi-polar, but i think ill be OK, the replies on here have been so valuable to me, you have no idea, i thought i was alone, and was becoming suicidal over it to be honest, now i know things are looking up, and i cant thank you all enough!

Deadgirl xxxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information