I had to stop all alcohol last week cos I was on antibiotics and I can't really drink again until at least this Friday as I need to let them get out of my system first.

I have a few questions and I am hoping someone (Vern possibly?) could help.

I do like a glass (or 2) of wine and I love my Stella and I guess I was drinking more than I should have anyway so it has done me good to stop for a couple of weeks.

The thing is that my sleep is absolutely terrible. I can't fall asleep and when I do I am awaking on and off all night and can't settle. I guess I was using alcohol to help me fall asleep (yes I know it actually disturbs your sleep more).

I also seem to be so hungry ! I think I have substituted alcohol with food cos I seem to be eating all night! Not good for my diet.

I am also up and down all night to the loo!

Anyone got any suggestions or can tell me their experiences of stopping alcohol and how long before things settle down cos I really want a good night's sleep!

I am still craving it some nights but substituting it with other drinks and the occasional alcohol-free wine or lager so I am getting there slowly.

Thanks in advance.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"