Thread: WAHOO!!!

Talking WAHOO!!!

I just wanted to share the fact that I have had a FANTASTIC weekend! I've felt like my old self! The annoying thing is that I have no idea what I have done differently.
    I also thought that it would be a positive thread to begin.
    So...
    Has anyone else had an amazing day recently that they would like to share with us?
    Big hugs
    Cakey

Re: WAHOO!!!

Aw! Cakey! I'm so happy for you! I too suffer from ROCD, so I know how bad it can bring you down. I've had a particularly anxious day, but otherwise I'm great.

You probably didn't do anything different. You just distracted yourself from the stupid OCD. Distractions are key!!!

Aren't you so thankful for websites like this? I felt so alone until I found out that people waaay on the other side of the globe felt the exact same!

"When the rain is blowing in your face,
    and the whole world is on your case.
    I would offer you a warm embrace...
    To make you feel my love"

Amazing? No. Long series of good? Yes.

About a month ago, I made an appt for a physical. I started panicing that my cyst was laryngeal cancer.

It took 2 weeks to stop ruminating, but I did. Then I had 2 weeks to just deal with the normal stresses of life. Then I had my physical and was told - its a shaving bump.

That fantastic 2 days has now ended tho! Man I feel rubbish today, down, feeling like a failure and wishing I wasn't mad. I know, before you all say something, that we aren't mad! But I'm sick of feeling like this, sick of negativity and I just can't get myself into a routine to stop it starting!! I stood in the kitchen drying up and just burst into tears!!!

Yeah, it truly is a day-to-day thing. During the bad days, it is super important to remember that you had (and will have again) a good day!

And...You're going to have to help me with your UK slang. What exactly does drying up mean? Or, were you literally drying with a towel? Sorry if that sounds stupid, haha...

Cool Re: WAHOO!!!

LOL I was drying the washing up ready to put away. Wash up and dry up! what do you call it?
    How are you today?

SometimesI have great weekends, and then mundane work life brings back the tiredness and negativity.

Funnily though, I was showering this morning and I sometimes go ver some negative imaganry scenario in my head...this morning I actually obsessed about something funny and good, i was laughing to myself in the shower...

I think I may be going to a party, so I was thinking of dressing up as Mr Blobby (lol) and imagined all the daft things and actions and hilarity that would ensue, probably after a few drinks too.

Same level of thinking, but actually positive and light instead of heavy and down..?!

So that's a brief break in the clouds.

I spent time in the bath working out who's pubic hair was floating past me. LOL! Ridiculous I know but it was a break from the monotony!

Like laundry? Is that what you mean by washing/drying up? HAHA! I think I'm a bit confused. If so, the part of the states that I'm from just calls it laundry. Or we'll say "Gotta throw my clothes in the washer (or dryer, depending on what you're doing)"... or "gotta throw a load in the washer"... which I guess sounds a little more derogatory than I realized. HAHA Or are you talking about dishes? That we just said wash/dry the dishes.

I'm seriously on an OCD website talking about different chore lingo.

Yeah I mean the dishes. Ha ha ha! If we put stuff in the washing machine then we call it washing, doing the dishes is called the washing up.

Thread Information