Hiya,

I finally feel i am getting better and it mainly down to challenging my thoughts!! i remember in a post way back Meg said that she regretted causing her family so much worry (not a direct quote but something like that) and I remember thinking 'IT ISN'T MY FAULT i HAVE ANXIETY'. no it wasn't my fault I got it but it certainly my fault it has spiralled. Now I stop myself when having these thoughts I tell myself how irrational I am being and stop avoiding things. I have now got to a position where I can stop myself checking my throat (to see if it is closing up and I am going to die!!)
I can now replace 'bad' thoughts with rational ones.

I think the lightbulb moment has arrived and I now accept the only way I get get better is by accepting it is me who is making myself worse and changing it!

With the help of this forum, lifestyle changes and the above I finally feel i am getting somewhere. If i can stop these thoughts or at least change them around I think I am going to be OK. I know I might fall down sometimes along the way but that's okay I'll just get back up again (nothing can be as bad as a few months ago when I thought i had a mental illness!!!)

Thanks Guys
Love
Lucky