Thread: Weird head feeling.

Weird head feeling.

Hi,

I just tried to post a message but I think I did it wrong I can't find it but ill do it again anyway. Ive had a load of stress over the past three weeks. My fiancee left me after punching me in the face and I was really drunk at the time because I found out he was messing about with some other girl. The day after I was in a total state, I only had a black eye but I was convinced I had a blood clot on the brain. This all happened last tuesday night but ever since then I have been having several panic attacks a day. Ive had panick for many years and can cope with it usually. However, Since it happened I feel like my head is full of cotton wool and my thoughts are really far off and I cant think them properly. Apart from the thoughts I have about him which I can sit and think about for ten minutes without even knowing Im sat there staring into space. I kep having really dizzy moments when I move my head suddenly and I feel dizzy in general. I had to go to the shop the other day and I had to keep asking the shopkeeper to repeat himself because wha he was saying was just not registering in my brain. Ive never felt like this befiore, when ive had panic before I could cope and my head was clear but I have never felt like this and it scares me that I wont feel normal again. I had a bad sharp chest pain the other night and my throat feels stuck together. I know it probably just panic cause Ive been drinking at night because I cant stand the constant panicky feelings and they go away after a few cans but I still feel like im walking around in a bubble. My vision has been weird as well like there is vaseline smeared across my eyes and Im looking throuhg glass. Has anyone else felt like this even when they are not actually having a panic attack at the time?

lara

Hi Lara ,

Did you seek medical help after your bust up ?
    Were you knocked down/ out at all ?

If you have had medical attention for the injuries and are assured all is well, then you may like to look at these for a possible explanation .

* I still feel like im walking around in a bubble*

D/Personalisation
    derealisation/depersonlisation
    Hi new member mom w/ panic and dp/dr
    Disassociation
    when will this feeling leave?
    FEELING SPACED!
    ?Derealisation
    My mind and depersonalisation
    Derealization
    Surreal, Unreal, Spaced-Out, Derealization etc
    Weird Feelings in Mind

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi

I did phone NHS direct and told them my symptoms and a dr phoned me back. He said I was talking normally and thinking coherantly so I was probably ok and it had been three days since it happened. I cant remember what happened because I was drunk but I dont think I was knocked out. I havent felt sick or had double vision so I think Im ok. Im feeling panicky now thinking that theres something wrong with me!

Lara

Its over a week now so unlikely that in absence of any real head injury symptoms during this time that you are having any problems directly related to the knock.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Sounds like depersonalization/derealization to me. Very common with anxiety and panic. It's probably due to the acute stress resulting from the fight with your fiancee.

Take care,
    Allie

Hi

Yeah I think that what it is too but you know what its like when there is something wrong and you just start to panic about it! It does kind of feel like my brain has taken cover for a bit! Anyway thanks for your replies.
    Lara

Thread Information