Thread: hello

hello

Hello everyone.hope everyone is well.peace and respect to all.
    i am meena from UK,one month ago i started to suffer panic attacks,due to sudden death of my father,and after my father passed away,we have had few more Sudan deaths round where i live,from then on words i started fearing death,my fear is about death,soon as i feel tiny pain or headache i fear i am going to die,so the panic attacks triggers off,which is making my life hell,this fear i can bear,my heart starts racing my legs go weak an i start sweating.
    is there anyone else who fears death,or am i the only one who's fears this fear of death?
    i would love to hear from other people who feel the same.
    kind regards meena.

Re: hello

Hi Meena

Welcome to NMP. They are a great bunch of people here, you will get lots of support.

Yes I too have a terrible fear of death, I have had it since I was a child, but it got worse after my mum died 4 years ago. I think most people fear death to be honest, but some worse than others.

You will find a lot of like minded people here & I hope you soon find peace from this awful fear.

Love
    Els
    xxx

Thank you Els
    for replying back,i was thinking that i am going mad with this fear,its dreadful feeling it leaves me weak and scared,are they any tips how i could deal with this problem?

Hi and to NMP Sue x

Quote Originally Posted by meena View Post
    Thank you Els
    for replying back,i was thinking that i am going mad with this fear,its dreadful feeling it leaves me weak and scared,are they any tips how i could deal with this problem?
    Hi again Meena

You will not go mad with this anxiety, it cannot possibly do that. I know anxiety can give you all kinds of symptoms & makes us feel bad. Personally I think the sooner you get help the better. Can you see a cognitive behaviour therapist or a counsellor? It would probably help you a lot. Unfortunately though, we have to do most of the work, which is so hard when you're feeling so scared & weak, but it can be done! Be kind to yourself as well, a lot of people get low self-esteem & confidence + start calling themselves names like 'stupid' etc, this is very unhelpful.

Know who you are, stand tall & love yourself

Love
    Els

Ps - I need to take my own advice

Its my greatest fear. I have good days where I can go the whole day without checking for symptoms and like today I have bad days where its the first thing I think about when I wake up. Its horrible. I get this wave of fear and then go weak and tired. Dont worry, you are not alone and this site is helping me.

to NMP. Glad that you have found us. Your distress is understandable given that you have been through a bereavement. You will find great information comfort and support here, and this will get better.

Veronica

Hi Katie

welcome to NMP - there are lots of great people here who help you a lot. You will come to terms with this - lots of people on here worry about death too. It's about all I don't worry about!!!!!!!!

A little hug from me to you
    to make you smile when you feel blue
    to make you happy when you're sad,
    to let you know life ain't so bad.
    Now I've given a hug to you,
    somehow I feel much better too
    hugs are better when they're shared.
    Hope you have a good day
    Thinking of you....

Chantelle

Quote Originally Posted by Adelle View Post
    Its my greatest fear. I have good days where I can go the whole day without checking for symptoms and like today I have bad days where its the first thing I think about when I wake up. Its horrible. I get this wave of fear and then go weak and tired. Dont worry, you are not alone and this site is helping me.
    hi Adelle.
    That's how i feel some days go good, and some days soon as i am out off bed,the only thing the mind starts thinking about is death.
    the more i am thinking the more fear starts creeping in.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Hi again Meena

You will not go mad with this anxiety, it cannot possibly do that. I know anxiety can give you all kinds of symptoms & makes us feel bad. Personally I think the sooner you get help the better. Can you see a cognitive behaviour therapist or a counsellor? It would probably help you a lot. Unfortunately though, we have to do most of the work, which is so hard when you're feeling so scared & weak, but it can be done! Be kind to yourself as well, a lot of people get low self-esteem & confidence + start calling themselves names like 'stupid' etc, this is very unhelpful.

Know who you are, stand tall & love yourself

Love
    Els

Ps - I need to take my own advice
    first of all before anything else i need to see my docter,regarding this problem.

Thread Information