Thread: Help - really suffering!!!!!!!!

Help - really suffering!!!!!!!!

I have suffered from depression and GAD for 7+ months. I wasn't sure what had caused me to feel like this but I was worried about my eldest son as he was doing his GCSEs ad had been bullied down the school prompting my first bout of depression (2 years ago). We went through hell - he was suicidal etc.... However he seemed to pick himself up and got 2Bs and 4 Cs in his GCSEs this week and has got into the National Diploma course he wanted to do!!!
    But I have been really sick since - V&D, shivering, gaseous, nausea ........ you'd think I'd be relieved but I feel worse. I feel really awful - tried the chatroom and no-one in. Feel as bad as at the start - all the progress seems to have gone..... help - am panicking BIG TIME!!!!!
    Someone out there please talk to me............

Re: Help - really suffering!!!!!!!!

Chantelle, I was in your position a couple of weeks ago and its terifying, I know.

You've probably wound yourself up over the weeks, bottled it up and now the pressure is off, the panic sets in.

I've done this to myself so many times over the years but don't realise it til I begin to feel better.

You on any meds or been to see your doc?

Hi Sue

thanks so much for your quick reply - this is crippling!!! I am on cipralex and buspirone. I took a panic attack yesterday and have felt very sick since. I have never took a panic attack before but I was in the shopping centre and it seemed to be closing in on me and I thought I was going to take a heart attack. I should feel so good - how long does it take you to feel better in the same situation?????

Chantelle

No problem Chantelle, I know how bad it feels to be in the middle of a panic x

I had to go to my docs and get my meds increased, she also gave me diazepam to help me sleep and to calm me down.

I know once you get into a cycle of panic its difficult to talk yourself down. I found relaxation tapes helped a bit.

Thanks Sue for all your support. I text a friend to say a prayer for me and feel calmer now.

Thread Information