Thread: Feeling flat and fed up

Feeling flat and fed up

i'm not sure whether my feelings go into the depression category but I definitely feel flat and fed up. I have had two car accidents in the past month and the second one a bus went into the side of my car the bus company have admitted liability and so we dont have to pay an excess on the policy. It has been so many phone calls reducing me to tears and people from the insurance companies saying that they will fax my details to the hire car company then ringing them to check they had done it but they hadn't as they close at 5pm and that is it for the weekend. Well we did get a hire car a fiesta for the first day then upgraded to a large coffin of a car a galaxy. My husband walks into the hire car company and it is all sorted. The trick for me is to get into our car tomorrow and drive off confidently without causing or being in any more accidents. I'm not sure why this happened and all this after I had seen Dr J and predicted correctly that I would have a second accident. I dont want anything else to happen but I know life isn't like that. I'm I just losing my nerve. I think and hope not. The first accident was due to me misjudging the width of an entrance and taking it too sharply and denting the whole of the passenger door. The second accident was due to 'bus driver error' misjudging the length of the space and taking my car with it. Ouch! I Think I have finished with all this but I have needed to get it off my chest as I start to become paranoid and saying that all bad things happen to me. I sincerely hope not.

Re: Feeling flat and fed up

Its very understandable you feel like you do ElizabethJane .Its bad enough having an accident but two in the same week is just bad luck .It doesnt make it any easier when you then have the aggravation and stress with Insurance companys ,and Hire car companys .They send you into despair at the best of times . lol Im sure you will be fine tommorow ,think of all the times you drove and didnt have any problems .They must surely outweigh the accidents ? Come tommorow you will be feeling confident again im sure ,Im glad you wernt hurt and your insurance wont be affected .Thats two more positive things to be grateful for at least .Have a nice day and just take it easy until your nerves settle .All the best Sue x

Hi elizabeth Jane

suzy sue is right, its just bad luck, but i can understand how you feel.
    My brother in law was driving to the repair centre with his car, which was bashed by someone else, and before he got there someone went in to the side of him, the opposite side from the one being repaired, so now he had matching sides, the guy driving the car said low sun glare was to blame, but my brother in law who is usually a nice placid chap had a few choice words to say... you have to drive tommorow, you will be nervous, anyone would be, but you can do it, as suzy said, look at all the times you have driven without incident.

Take care and goodluck

Pauline x

Thank you Suzy and Pauline for being so kind. I have my car back today and I have been for a short drive in it. Thank you for your support. Jane.

Well done, you did it, onwards and upwards

Take care

Pauline x

WELL DONE Jane , Luv Sue xx

Well done EJ .Despite having been a licence holder for 14 years I still do not have the confidence to drive a car. Therefore what you achieved today is fantastic.

Thread Information