Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nervous of taking Venlafaxine

Unhappy nervous of taking Venlafaxine

Hi I am on 60mg citalopram daily, but just feel they not working anymore so I went to the docs yesterday, and he precribed me 75mg of Venlafaxine, I have to take 40mg of Cit 2 day 20 mg tomorrow then no tablets for the rest of the week then start Venlafaxine 75mg next Sunday, I'm so nervous about this drug I have been sat here most the morning reading all the posts on here about them, I so don't know what to do, stay on Cit or go for these, I asked the doc are they addictive he said no, but reading about all the withdrawrels on here makes me think twice about taking them.
    Please if anyone can reassure me or think no not to take them please can u give me some advice.

Thanks

Lou

Re: nervous of taking Venlafaxine

They say they're not addictive but I personally found them very difficult to get off but it can be done; I got there in the end. Didn't work for me but I know of people who are on them who found them a miracle drug.

Thanks for the reply, well I'm going to give them a go, I am really nervous so I will create more anxiety I think lol.

I will post an let you know how I'm doing on them

Once again thanks for the reply.

Lou

Hi loubylou,
    I'm in the same boat as you!
    I've been taking citalopram (30mg) for 8 weeks with absolutely no improvement so the doc told me to stop taking them for 2 days then start the venlafaxine (75mg) which will be on Friday.
    I too am nervous but feel I don't have much choice but to go for it.
    Good Luck!

They worked very quickly for me, I saw some improvement right away then it took a while for them to keep me stable and much or less anxiety ridden around the clock after suffering on and off dayily for about 5 years of feeling like I couldnt cope the anxiety was so bad at times.

Hey Lou,

Im in the exact same boat as you! Im really scared and nervous, with all the bad things i feel with CT its put me off meds completely BUT remember what is a miracle drug for one person isnt for another its trial and error and if u feel really bad u can always come off it and try another be sure to see ur doc! all u can do is try it and see, i hope it works for me to!!

IF YOU ARE THINKING OF TAKING THIS DRUG THINK LONG AND HARD. its a ******* to come off. MORE LIKE HEROIN WITHDRAWAL. look it up on all the forums. Your body will shake, electric shock zaps in your body that will disable you. you cant walk let alone string a sentence along properly and you will cry over anything and everything.

i WANTED TO COME OFF BECAUSE THIS DRUG HAD MADE MY BODY CHANGE FROM A SLIM UK SIZE 6 TO A SWOLLEN FAT POT BELLIED DISGUSTING PIG. Ive always been a good eater, yet with the same amount going into my mouth, every month I was piling on the weight until my knees dissappeared into my big fat legs and my stomach rolls over the front and sides like I just had a baby yesterday.
    My panic attacks led me to the emergency room at least every weekend but I would rather that than look down at this disgusting body that has swelled up because of the drug. If i wasnt depressed before, I certainly have something to be depressed about now.

I could kick myself for not researching Venlaxafine/Effexor in the first place.
    iF YOU ARE THINKING OF PUTTING THIS POISION IN YOUR BODY - I URGE YOU TO THINK TWICE. RESEARCH IT - I NEVER DID.
    If you like being thin, say goodbye to your beautiful body and if you are already overweight and depressed get ready to feel suicidal!!

Worked for me! I too have put on some weight, but not too much, but am SO much happier. No panic attacks, no anxiety, no depression.
    I suppose it depends on how you react to it. Everyone is different. Therefore there are many drugs available. They might work for you, they might not. Give it a go and see!

I've been fine on it. Saved my life!

Worked well for me too, no side effects whatsoever, no weight gain, changes in BP etc. I was put on it 12 years ago, and am now on a minute dose (that apparently is doing very little according to my GP) I'd like to stop it, but I do have dreadful withdrawl symptoms and can't seem to get it any lower. I can't really complain though, as like the poster above, it 'saved me' at a time when nothing could.

Not denying it didnt do it's job. I was panic free whilst I was on them. But when you get stronger and better and you want to come off them.. thats when HELL begins.. you wont know until you try or even miss a dose! the effects of withdrawal are horrid. If you read other threads you'll also see that the weight will continue to pile on. You dont put on weight and it just stops, those scales will get higher and higher every year until your bottom looks like orange peel and you hate yourself!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information