Thread: TAKING PILLS

TAKING PILLS

I dont know why but in the morning if i decide to take my pills to help me thru the day, i take them then i start to panic about what if ive already taken one before but cant remember? then i start to take a little panic about it and worry alot. Eventually i think oh so what if i did im on a low does anyhow.
    Is this comp disorder ?

Or is this just simple anxiety?

When i get bad anxiety i cant think or remember much at all, today my son is home from school which i knew about on monday but completely forgot until he told me this morning.

mirryx

Hi Mirry

Sounds like anxiety to me. This does affect memory. I too sometimes am unable to remember whether I have taken medication or not already.

Perhaps you could mark on a calendar when you have taken it so you know you've had the dose for that day.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Could even mark the packet with letters corresponding to the days or something?

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

Hi Mirry
    I bought a weekly pill container with the days marked on it for just that reason.
    It was about $5 at the chemist
    Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

Hi Mirry I do the same panic over little thingsbut dont know why. cos when i was younger I used to take all sorts of meds and ignore the packet saying dont drink etc. I guess our anxiety takes over? I got them little boxes for pills but didnt get on with them, so I use a marker pen and mark each section ot the pill foil with m. tu. w. th. etc leave them on my bedside table and take water to bed with me. Dont worry about the forgetfullness every one gets it from time to time anxiety or not. Take care. Vernon

Hi I know what you mean, had the same thing myself this morning.
    I never ever take any pills unless I have absolutely too and because I have ME, but today I decided to take a antihistamine as I was a bit wheezy and as I was taking it, I thought what if I've already just taken one. I've done that before and ended up not having one in case I've already had it.
    If you take pills regularly I guess marking them or getting the pill containers with the days on is a good idea.
    LJ

I took some pain killers the other day and as soon as had swollowed them I was constantly thinking that I had taken some a few minutes before.

Thanks everyone feeling better about this now but the wierd thiong is even if I think ive taken one already in my mind i really know i havent but its like i dont trust my own judgement.
    Good idea to write it on the calander i think, thanks.

mirryx

Thread Information