Thread: Morning After Pills

Morning After Pills

I took one about...10 months ago due to an emergency and now i'm wondering if this could be harmful in the future? i know its a higher dosage of birth control but that being said, i know birth control isn't too healthy either. should i be worried? does it sound ridiculous that i'm worried about this?

Re: Morning After Pills

i've had to take these a bunch, in college and in recent years when i've been forgetful with my regular pill or for other reasons. no it does not hurt you, it's just high doses of progestin (which is in the normal BC pill anyway) that prevents that particular egg (if one is fertilized by chance) from attaching to the womb to create pregnancy. this happens normally with our regular birth control pills but the methodology is slightly different in the hormone levels used etc. that said, it should NOT be taken regularly just because one is being careless. it isn't meant to be an every day thing. but it won't harm you or affect fertility.
    I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: Morning After Pills

I've had to take them when I've forgotton to take/use various other things, they're only harmfull if you take them as frequently as every week or something.

Thread Information