Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To those who have RECOVERED!!

To those who have RECOVERED!!

Hi Guys

I've just been sat here thinking (no change there then!) and was wondering what sort of person I might be when I am fully recovered. Going by what I am doing now eg exercise (which I am loving), no acohol or caffeine etc and attempting to 'remain calm' I believe that I will be a far better person than the one who entered this illness.

I'm not saying that my personality will have diminished and I will have become someone completely different - but I do think that I will be more compassionate, patient and most of all won't take my body for granted any longer.

I am well on the way to recovery (keep telling myself this!! LOL) although I am having good and bad days (apparently thats all part of recovery though!) and am looking forward to being that 'new' person (with tighter bum muscles!! LOL).

If anyone could offer their post recovery experiences please I would love to hear them.

Thanks very much

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

Yeah i reckon i'll be more aware of things when i've recovered.

More health conscious....not take things for granted etc!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

Rach

You will be the same person, but stronger through something you encountered that obviously wasnt by choice. I dont think it comes to test our characters but it certainly makes us stand back and judge who we are.

So pleased to hear how well you are doing.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Rach,

I really think already that although i am still trying to overcome this, I do actually feel a different person. Not in a bad sense, I honestly think i have become so much more aware of others feelings, and my own, and can recognise that sometimes i have to say NO to certain things, without feeling guilty.

I also think that as i know what it is like to be without confidence, I am going to have such fun and take care of my confidence when it returns!!

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Yes i think we will all respect our brains and bodies much more!!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

Hi Rach

I have fully recovered and I am much better for it. I don't think I am a different person. I just have a much better insight on how the world works. I see things with much more truth and I accept things so much easier. I simply don't react the way I used to to life. I have learnt SO much and it feels good.

The last thing that I learnt during my recovery process is that I will still have bad days - down, anxious, etc. But that is okay because it is a part of life and EVERYBODY experiences it! I had this weird notion when I was in the depths of despair that everybody else in the world was always happy and they never felt down. Its just not the case!

The thing is I am just not scared of anxiety or panic attacks anymore. That is the key to recovery. It is not to learn how to prevent them or put up with them or any of that. It is to be able to say that it doesn't matter if you have a panic attack and mean it. It means you have lost the fear which is the root of panic disorder.

I am so happy for you that you are doing well. It will be a (calm) sigh of relief when you can honestly say you have closed this chapter of your life. Keep up the good work honey!

Let me know if you have any questions. We are all individuals and our recovery processes will be different but there are common links between us all that we can help each other out with.

Ruth

Hi Ruth,

Just read that and it is really nice to hear something like that!

i agree with ruthie, i use to have the romantic idea that when this was done with id awake each morning with a huge smile feeling totally refreshed, the smell of coffe brewing, the sun shining go off smiling happy all day saying hello to everyone feeling fantstice without an ache in my body, flosting along singing with merryness.......lol....now...lol....does anyone really have a life like that??? i really dont think so, so i think i now relasie that i will wake up tired thinking god what a nightmare day of things to do today.........abit like everyone in the world does monday morning, and it will probably be raining and cold as well!!!

so i agree, recoverey isnt having a perfect live, as live isnt like that, its about having a life that yep, you will have some bad days, some ok days and some good days, like veryone else in this world.

right im off to get my coffee and sing and dance all day now...lol

take care.

andy

lol doddy!!!
    rach, how exciting that you are doing so well!
    i have pretty much recovered and i feel a lot stronger within myself. sounds cheesy, and i never believed people who told me this would happen, but it's true. in the last couple of weeks i've begun to understand what people say when they talk about finding 'the safe place within yourself' and i think this will eventually happen for you. you know, that thing where you can handle any situation without any of your safety things or people, because you just know you've got the strength within (oh my god, HOW CHEESY?!?!). it's true though.
    anyway, that's how i feel. also, a sense of calm which i never had before, plus i don't beat myself up anymore for not being able to do everything that i was able to do before. if i'm feeling a bit funny and can't go to that party...well, there will always be another party. so i guess i've just learnt to be a bit easier on myself.
    anyway, the one thing i haven't done is exercise...maybe i should take a leaf out of your book!
    henri x

Hi Rach, I'm the same person only happier and a lot more energetic now. I notice my highs are higher and my lows are nowhere near as low and I recover from them much quicker now rather than getting stuck dwelling on things. Onward and upward is my new motto

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information