Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Testicular Cancer

Re: Testicular Cancer

PS ...the current 3-time world champion cyclist was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer years ago and has made an obvious recovery...so....take heart

ATB

widge

I knew a fella at work who discovered one morning (don't know how, didn't say!) one bollock was twice the size of the other! I mean .... Jeez!

It did turn out to be testicular cancer but after a short course of treatment, all gone, no problems since, doesn't even mention it. It was like he had a cold or something. He did fess up that it shook him up good at one point but these days cancer isn't a death sentence as it used to be.

Get it checked out guys, soonest found soonest sorted.

BTW it wasn't me, I'd have dropped down dead with a heart attack given that news!!

Not for one minute am I suggesting that the original poster has any thing to worry about. That length of time can't possibly suggest a cancer problem. But it is best to bite the bullet and get stuff checked out, if only to put ones mind at ease and if on the outside chance anyone has a real issue, get it sorted quick. Statistics show that found early, cancer can be cured.

Let's be honest here now, with the amount of info available about testicular cancer these days, you'd be well aware of the symptoms, so i'd be more worried if you had more than a 'lump'.

However getting checked out is the best thing to do, a few years ago I was in agony with pain in that region, turned out I had a combination of epididymitis along side small kidney stones, which apparently can cause pain in that area too.

I had a similar thing my lump was near the top got it checked by various doctors because i couldnt believe i was fit and healthy there turned out to be nothing more than a small cyst which i still have and inflammation of the epididymis which still plays up every now and then and that was about 7 years ago id still go to the docs and get it checked out tho if i were you other wise your just end up worrying for ever.

SO SO HAPPY...

Well i went to the doctors about the lump on my right testicle, and it turns out its an Epiddymal Cyst and totally harmless.....Phew!!

I was so anxious leading upto it i written down what i was going to say and i went in and i couldn't speak i just looked at him and froze... I passed him the letter and as he read it i started to fill up, the more i told myself to stop it the worse i got and a few tears ran down my cheek "I felt like a right wuss" big boys do cry.. I dont know wether it was because i had finally achieved something by going to the doctor with this problem after carrying it on my shoulders for 12 years i thought of all the times its plagued my thoughts and fested in my mind wether i would see my next birthday.. Or was it because of the news i thought he might give me, or because i had been so so stupid and i let my embarrasment get in the way of what could of been a serious illness and i just thought through my own stupidity i could of been six feet under, so many thoughts and emotions came together i guess it just overwelmed me...

My doctor was great, at first he talked about testicular cancer and couldn't believe i had kept this to myself for 12 years he said he assured me that if it was cancer that i wouldn't have been here now, but he said lets take a look anyway, he had a feel around and he said what you have is a Epididymal cyst common and harmless, there wasn't a single bit of doubt in his voice and i trusted him 100% i suddenly felt so calm and wondered why i had got myself into such a state in the first place, he said if i wanted he would send for me for my own peice of mind for an ultra sound, i thought of what Jaco45 went through.. And said no thanks your words will do for me Doc...

He wants to see me again in a month just to check on my anxiety and blood pressure, but boy do i feel like i am on top of the world today (I hope i can feel this way forever)...... It great to feel alive again..

I cant believe i let my self down so badly and kept it to myself for so long but now i had done it i think i could achieve anything.. I am so so happy.

Please if anyone is reading this topic and has a lump in there down below's dont leave it like i did it will just burden your life get it checked, and it will probably nothing more than a harmless cyst, but hey if it is the worst case scenario, my doctor said its one of the most treatable of cancers and has around a 90% success rate..

Thanks again to all for your great advice....

DANNY

Hey Danny congrats on getting it checked so glad you feel better now just outta interest how long has your cyst been there iv had a tiny one for about six to seven years now, i too got checked. I still occasionally check guess its important to.

Clearly not really in a position to advise you about this but would like to say that having that on the back of you rmind for twelve years would not have helped your anxiety one little bit!!

I had a similar kind of health worry for years too and thinking about it now it really must have played a part in where I am now with HA!!

lISA
    XXX

Quote Originally Posted by luke1982 View Post
    Hey Danny congrats on getting it checked so glad you feel better now just outta interest how long has your cyst been there iv had a tiny one for about six to seven years now, i too got checked. I still occasionally check guess its important to.

12 years Luke, 12 years of it festering in my mind not nice at all... Wow do i feel like someone has lifted a great big weight off my shoulders.. I cant believe my own embarasment stopped me seeking help for so long, but if you asked me a year ago to go see the doctor about this problem i would of rather walked a mile bare foot over broken glass..

Thanks again to you all, this hopefully could be the turning point for me... Fingers crossed.

Danny

Hi Dan

I have been told that i have an epididymal cyst down there and i have been told by the doc that it is harmless but for my own piece of mind he has sent me for an ultrasound.

Anyways im happy for you dan that you finally sorted it.

James

Epididymal cysts seem quite common mine is tiny never changed in size it still occasionally freaked me out even after seeing seven doctors about it lol pracitcally all the doctors in my local surgery have coped a feel of me
    I suffer from chronic epididymitis although its been fine this last week or two constant prodding doesnt help and doctors have no cure for it its basically swelling in the epididymis/inflammation there had it for about 6 years aswell started after i started prodding around convinced i had testical cancer.
    Last edited by luke1982; 08-09-09 at 17:15.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information