Thread: Fast breathing/slow breathing!!!

Fast breathing/slow breathing!!!

Before I even type this, I know it's going to sound stupid!! But I'm going to say it anyway as it worries me.

I am unfit to say the least!! When I do things I breath harder & my heart rate goes up. Well the last couple of times I've done things, the same has happened but my breathing has gone back to normal or even slower pretty quickly & that has frightened me!!!!!!!!! Oh dear Lord, I said it was gonna sound stupid!! So if my breathing is going back to normal quicker then that's good, so why am I panicking about it rather than thinking how good it is???????? I think it's because (oh, am answering myself now) my heart rate is still up and I THINK that I should be breathing quicker.

I will be soooooooo glad to see this counsellor on 1 October as I am in such a state all day every day, that I just cannot cope with these horrible feelings. It doesn't help that I have no interests whatsoever & have nothing to think about all day & night

Anyone suggest anything that I can do indoors that might make me stop thinking about myself for a little while, because even I'm sick of hearing myself & my thoughts, if I lived with me, I'd be gone like a shot!!!!!

Els

Re: Fast breathing/slow breathing!!!

Hi Els, you dont sound stupid at all, anything we worry about sounds stupid to us but most definaltley not to others with anxiety!!! You are concentrating too much on your breathing and like you said you need something to distract yourself from thinking, this is what im trying to do, and in my case ive found putting on some music and singing along whilst doing something that ive not done for ages like cleaning out a cupboard or something has been helping me, cuz for that hour or so im singing along to songs and cleaning and ive forgotton what i was worrying about, but then thats just for that hour the next step is trying to find something else to do when im finished to stop the worrying coming back. but maybe something similar for you might help even if it is just for an hour, an hour less of worrying!!! lol. Hope this might help a little, take care, Debs xxx

Hi

Debs180 is correct, please try your hardest not to focus on your breathing you will only imagine things are wrong when they aren't.

Are you able to go walks and admire the world around you?

Hi Els

Sorry to hear you are struggling today. I agree with the previous posts, try and keep your mind and body busy.

I try to plan my day with a variety of activities and i try to mix them up a bit, ie dust, then read for a while, then do some more housework,after do a crossword or watch tv for a while. I find this helps keep my mind off of myself a bit.

Take care

Sue xxxx

i mate im kinda like you when i get this breathing thing but the others are wright try to get a hobby in the day its good when Ur exercising that Ur pulse rate returns to normal very quick it means Ur very fit so im told when i was at gym

Thread Information