Thread: Unexplained feeling of dread :(

Unexplained feeling of dread :(

Since last night I have had this unexplained feeling of dread. Can this be part of anxiety?

Right in the pit of my stomach it really feels like something bad is going to happen and now I am so worried :(

Re: Unexplained feeling of dread :(

Yeah thats a very common symptom of anxiety I also get this i used to get it before going to sleep at night when i suffered from sleep paralysis, now i get it when i leave the house. Dont worry too much hope your ok

Hi thanks for replying

Sorry to hear you suffered from sleep paralysis, that must have been scary.

I have had this feeling before but it feels stronger this time. I hope it is anxiety. I have been doing so well lately, I started taking 20mg citalopram about 5 weeks ago now and I was feeling great but since last night I have felt terrible!

Im gonna enquire about citalopram id never heard of it before until coming to these forums. At the moment im on Aripriazole (sp?) and Valium.
    Im sure it will pass Cassy these sorts of things do with time, i cant even start to remember the different feelings iv had due to anxiety.
    Have you tried any distraction techniques & when do you get your feelings of dread?

I haven't heard of aripriazole but then I'm not really of good knowledge with the pills. I just know about citalopram cos thats what the doctor prescribed. I suffer with depression too so I was given it for my anxiety and depression really.

I watch the tv or come online to try to distract me but its not working. Its normally in the evening I get these feelings too but then they carry on into the next day and can last for ages.

Aripriazole or however you spell it lol is a anti psychotic but im curious about asking for citalopram if it will help with anxiety.
    I got told to try and occupy myself with stuff to do when i feel feelings of dread normally I do what you do and go online and watch tv and stuff but its difficult at night isnt it.
    Do you have any thoughts associated with your feelings of dread?

Ahh right my brother is on an anti-psychotic but I can't remember the name of it, he also takes 10mg of citalopram with it too.

It is hard at night, I live alone with my 3 year old so once he is in bed I have alot of time to just sit there and think!
    I think my main thoughts associated with this feeling of dread is something terrible happening to me or my family/friends.
    How about you?

My feelings of dread change it used to be because of the sleep paralysis because i suffered from it almost nightly going to bed filled me with dread. Now im obsessed with my health and get feelings of dread about having a disease or a cancer or somesort. Other than that leaving the house sometimes fills me with dread it depends really, I too have allot of time to sit and think bymyself so if you ever need anyone to talk to feel free to message or whatever

This is my most common anxiety symptom - always the dread. Some time its like I physically feel the happiness drain from my head then I get the dread feeling in my stomach.

Yea i hate this, this is my main symptom i get it everyday ever since my anxiety started, you are anxious because you are anxious, and you are anxious because you have anxiety

when my anxiety started 2 years ago i was convinced i was going to die, i had booked a holiday and had to fly and i truelly believed that there was no way i was coming back, but 2 years later i am still here so dont pay any attention to it xx

Thread Information