Thread: Lumps/ridges on head, very worried

Lumps/ridges on head, very worried

So, I've been freaking myself out the past few days over a myriad of things, but all mainly brought about by my noticing several bumps on the back of my skull, near where my skull meets my neck. I'd never noticed them before; it feels like one big, oddly shaped bump with a smaller bump attached to it. I also have a noticle ridge-like bump a bit higher up and on my left side; I have a similar ridge on the right, but much smaller and less pronounced.

I of course turned to Google and found all the zillions of cancers I could have. I immediately set about to try and find if it had spread, or been caused by something else, etc. I haven't really had symptoms that couldn't be explained by stress/anxiety, but of course every symptom could also be explained by something else. I've had a very clogged-feeling right ear and have been massaging my right jaw/neck alot (I grind my teeth in my sleep, so there's usually a lot of tension there). I've had a loss of appetite/feeling full after small meals, though this has only happened since I discovered the bumps so I'm sure it's just anxiety-related.

I'm just feeling like a nervous wreck lately, and really afraid of the C word. I'm in the process of moving to Canada from the US, and as such I have no health insurance. I have to get my immigration physical in the next few weeks, but it can take awhile for them to get results. I'm so unsure if I'm just freaking myself out and the lumps are just a normal part of my head I'm just noticing, or if my fear is justified and I should just go to a doc and pay the out-of-pocket expense. Money is VERY tight (again, moving to a new country ) and I'm already going to have to dip into debt to get the physical.

The main things that are scaring me is that 1) they're skull tumors, or 2) they're malignant lymph nodes. My father got lymphoma at my age (22, he was 21), so I'm not filled with enthusiasm about anything right now. I'd like to be able to convince myself that it's nothing and I shouldn't worry, but then I imagine what would happen if it turned out my worst fears were correct! I'm afraid that a bad diagnosis would destroy my life, even if it wasn't terminal. Ever since my first panic attack 1.5 years ago, I've become more and more worried about my health. Any help, advice or reassurance would be great. I feel like I'm either losing my mind or else I must be actually be sick. Thanks in advance.

Re: Lumps/ridges on head, very worried

Mate! I feel the exact same way as you!! Just yesturday i was feeling the back of my skull and felt a very hard bump at the back of my head!

It almost feels like bone but i dont think it is! Im gonna get an emergency appointment with my doc today and see what happenes

Do you feel strange on one half of your body? because i do.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one! I don't have tingling in half of my body, at least not consistently (had a mild panic attack last night that made my left arm numb). Just random aches & pains in my body, plus the back of my head/neck can feel "weird" to me now that I'm aware of the presence of the lumps.

think about when you see a tiny baby you can clearly see where it skull bones will join together.
    These will make small or larger ridges depending on their structure.
    there if something called ''frenology'' which is where someone can tell your fortune by '' reading" the bumps on yoru head.
    Best wishes
    june

Thanks for the post june, very good to know. The only thing is that I never noticed them before, though I never went looking or anything...

I'm still feeling very worried and panicked and keep coming up with new things. I was told when I was younger that I had a large liver, but now that I'm health-obsessed I'm worrying that it's enlarged due to liver problems, mainly the C word of course. I find myself leaning towards my left, or clenching my left side abdomen and not my right. It feels very "full" on my right-side abdomen, and I have less mobility in that direction. If I start poking/prodding right below my right-side rib cage, I feel a solid lump that I can move around. Is that my gallbladder, liver, or something else? I've broken down and returned to Dr. Google a couple times already, I must stop :(

Thanks in advance again for the help, I really appreciate it...

Thread Information