Thread: I'm New

I'm New

Hello,

I'm a 20 year old suffering from panic, anxiety and depression since I was 15ish. So glad to find this site. Took me a while to build up the courage to post.Good to know theres others who feel the same as me. Such a relief. Check out my rants on my blog http://dontpanicdont.blogspot.com/ . If you want to read five years of pent up anxiety and confusion spewed out in words.

Marvin

Re: I'm New

Hello Marvin and to NMP .You will get lots of help and support here ,glad you found us .Luv Sue x

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for posting your blog page. I found it very interesting. I can certainly relate in someway when you talked about being good at covering up the illness.

I suppose the reason that I cover up what is really going on in my head, is that I feel I don’t want to get sucked into going through the whole damn story again & again. The times I have met friends in the village e.c.t and they have asked how work is going or how I am, and I just say “I’m fine, work is going well,” and then try and change the subject.

Looking at it rationally, I can see that in fact telling people is a good thing (one reason I am on here!) and generally they do understand and that’s good. But as you must know yourself, when you are in the middle to a bad time, a cover up seems easier & safer than revealing all.

Matt

Hi Marvin, to the group!

Paul

to NMP Marvin. This is a friendly site with great support.

Veronica

mnkjb`

Hi Marvin

Interesting how we both started blogging at the same time about anxiety. Just read yours, and you have a nice writing style. I'll keep checking in from time to time to see what you're posting. Feel free to follow mine at brokeheadfix.blogspot.com. I don't have five years of experience like you, so I'm nowhere near as cool . I'm new to this, very new, August new.

Hope the writing helps.

Rizzle

Thanks for all being so welcoming.
    Matt-I agree that some times we try to cover up our anxiety when its at its worse, which is the time when we should talk about it the most.
    Rizzle- I will have a look at your blog. Sounds interesting.

Peace, M

Thread Information