Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange head sensations

Re: Strange head sensations

Hmm, well I feel really horrible, and I will probably go to the doctor on friday, I'm totally convinced it's something sinister like a brain tumor cause of the feeling of tiredness (and inability to concentrate) and pressure in my head.

I know it's cliched around here to say "don't worry", but seriously... , chances of it being a brain tumour is very slim. There are so many other explanations and certainly everything you've described is much the same as many of us here get due to anxiety. In my view anxiety can cause a lot of stress on the body, and anxiety itself can also be due to stress, and fatigue, tiredness, all kinds of head twinges, light headedness, pressure etc, (and same all over the body) can be the result.

However, there's no harm in seeing your doctor just to check and for reassurance. Don't be too disappointed if it's all dismissed as anxiety though, as really that could be what it is. If that's the diagnosis, my only advice is to resist offers of anti-depressants like SSRIs as much as you can. I don't believe they are the solution. A relief perhaps if you really can't cope, but too many GPs just lurch for SSRIs and the side effects can make things worse.

The problem with anxiety I find is really you can get just about any symptom. It's hard to get your head round it and identify what is anxiety and what isn't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information