Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My head hurts so much, cant cope with much more..

My head hurts so much, cant cope with much more..

Ive had a headache for over a month, been told its a tension headache. Ive tried painkillers, drinking lots of water, heat around my neck, everything i can think of but it just wont go away...
    Ive tried so hard to stop worrying but its hard with being in constant pain, i feel like im on the verge of a panic attack but im trying to fight it cause i dont want the children to see me have one. My husband will be home from work soon so i hope he can reassure me cause i cant deal with much more, i feel like im fighting to live every day, i just want to feel 'normal' again...
    Has anyone had a long lasting tension headache ? Do you think it could be something else ? x

Re: My head hurts so much, cant cope with much more..

I just replied to your other post.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

hi sarah..
    i too answered your last post...you are getting incredibly stressed and this will make your tension headache even worse...try to calm yourself down..there is nothing wrong..i had exactly the same thing as you and it did eventually go away...I feel you need to get out of the house for a bit, maybe your husband could take you for a nice drive somewhere just so you can take your mind away from thinking about your sore head, it would do you such good i think just to be in different surroundings for a while would do you good....please try not to worry you will be fine xx

hi im going through similar to be honest had headache for well over 2 months! My headaches were probably just tension at first but now i think ive got rebound headaches. I will be seeing a nuerologist about it!

try not to worry to much about it - do you suffer from migraine perhaps?

Hi Sarah jayne

I really feel for you as some years ago I used to have the most horrendous headaches that went on for days and days and made me feel so sick - I would have to stay in bed all day - I would lose whole days to headaches - go to sleep at night then wake up to the exact same headache all over again I never thought I would be free from them. As my anxiety has lessened, the headaches have. I used to take lots of painkillers (within the normal dose) but every day for months at a time then found some infomration which basically explained that sometimes it's the painkillers that can exacerbate your headaches - I know there is a name for this but can't think of it. i used to take aspirin and paracetamol combined - so don't know whether you are on that. It was very difficult trying to find a way to ease the headache when I decided to try and stop taking pain killers but I found my headaches came from me clenching my teeth at night and during the day and holding my neck and shoulders really tense so massage helped and deep breathing and relaxation - it was along slow job and I am now mostly headache free though I still get runs of them. I know its' really hard but if you have been told they are tension headaches then try and accept that and see whether the acceptance of it makes it any easier. It will get better. Take care Annie x

im going throught the same thing right now, ive had this headache for 5 days now in a row and its driving me nuts :( but im just trying not to panic and it will go away soon im sure, it makes me feel so dizzy and wobbly.

Thanks everyone for replying. Its much better today. Last night i had a long soak in the bath and an early night and today ive tried to relax as much as possible but whenever ive started to become anxious then ive done something to take my mind off it, im determined to beat this ! x

Hi Sarah Jayne

Thats the spirit - go for it and yes you can beat it!!!! Don't under-estimate the power of distraction. Annie x

Thanks annie, ive met some lovely people on here, im so glad i joined ;0) xxx

Hi Sarah Jane.

I have been suffering from EXACTLY what you describe. Mine lasted around 5 months before getting better. I would have 1 day without a headache, 2 with constantly week after week. in the end no painkillers would make any difference

What is now controlling it, it sounds like you have already started doing - trying to relax and reduce tension when you feel it coming on, and slowly breaking the cycle. I have also started using the 'forehead' cooling strips. these can be used on your forehead but also all over your head and neck depending where you need it. They have helped me alot. I also picked up a soothing oil from a chinese herbalist ( I don;t know how you feel about herbalists) but rubbing this pleasant scented oil on the nape of my neck and on my temples definately helped relax my muscles and sooth the headache.

I too suffered day and night and i though it would never stop. But mine has calmed down over time, and yours will too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information