Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart skipping beats

Re: Heart skipping beats

I get this too and have always thought it was something really serious! I am so glad its not just me

I get this too! Have had it since I was a teenager. I have also gone for months at time without it, but it has just returned recently. It makes me want to cough and gasp for air and I feel dizzy. It still freaks me out even though I know it's harmless, but I've learnt to live with it. I had a doctor once tell me if it happens to just sit quietly and sip some water. That seems to help.

Hi Tilly
    I too am very similiar to you I always think of the worse things about my health I found out after a heart monitor that I have sinus tachycardia and also ectopic heartbeats I am 55 years old and I would never have known any of this until I went for a heart checkup because of my family history.. I don't smoke.. rarely have a drink and no caffeine I constantly check my pulse now which I never did so I blame my GP for putting this into my head I know how you feel there are days I could just sit and cry because I hate how I have become with this obsessing I have been seeing a psychologist of late which is good because it gets a load of your mind he suggested trying pilates or some massages to help relax Tilly we are all in this together so lets all support each other..my cardiologist told me to love my heart..I am glad I found this site because like everyone else I thought I was the only one..take care Tilly..

Smile Re: Heart skipping beats

Hi.I had a heart attack four years ago ,but,I have been quite well since then ,but, I have suddenly started to have missed heart beats,they are quite scary but I sometimes wonder if I am scaring my self. They are not too bad and I only notice them when I take my pulse,does anyone else experience this ?

Mostly I can feel them as a flip in my chest, but other times (like today) they are there only when I take my pulse - having 2 or 3 a minute for most of today. I find this depressing as I like to think that I have spells when I don't have them at all, when in reality I probably have a few hundred a day even when I don't feel them. Hard to get it through my head that it doesn't matter how many I have, or whether I feel them or not, benign pvcs are benign pvcs, not dangerous and do not turn into any catastrophe.

Janiemay - what does your doc say? If the palpitations are a new symptom, you should mention it to him/her.

As I understand it, there is no significance to whether you feel them or not. Lots of people have them and don't realise, whereas others, like me, are very tuned in to their heart and feel every funny sensation. Trouble is, once you are tuned in, it's hard to turn off and every little feeling brings anxiety.
    Last edited by saab; 13-02-14 at 21:26.

Hi

I'm new to the forum, sorry if this has been covered before.
    I was told I had GAD about 5 years ago. I've never taken any medication for it and just worked out how to deal with it.
    Anyway, the reason for posting on here is that I also go through spells of getting this heart flutter.
    I'm actually going through it this week. I feel my heart misses a beat and then theres a flipping / wobble in your chest (hard to describe).
    I've never had my heart checked out but as I suffer(ed) from anxiety I know that the docs will pin it on that etc m
    Anyway, I also start to look out for it which doesn't help matters. I usually find that if I ignore it it calms down after a few days.
    (I'm male / 40 years old / reasonably fit).

I must say though, it's very easy to start worrying about it and think that something sinister is going to happen etc.
    Any advice or feedback would be great.

Thanks.
    FS.

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

Mean to add, when I'm going through a spell of this, my heart skips a beat about 5-10 times a day.
    I know I'm stressed a fair bit with work so I'm pretty sure it's that that's the trigger so to speak.

Ps fingers crossed its not something else.
    Pps it's very easy to start finding other things wrong when your going through this kind of phase

5 to 10 a day is a tiny amount. I would mention it to your gp next time, but even large numbers of palpitations a day are not considered harmful if your heart is structurally sound. I doubt they would even send you for an ecg if they are so infrequent.

Hi SAAB

Thanks for the reply.
    Yeah, I know it's nothing serious, however I will raise next time I'm there.
    Thanks.

FS

Unhappy Re: Heart skipping beats

Hey guys, I started having skipped beats or palpitations or SOMETHING about a week ago...completely out of the blue and its extremely frustrating. Went to the doc and he said "everything's fine" lay off alcohol caffeine etc which I use all but only in moderation. Seems to only happen when I am on my feet walking around, exercising, working..not when I sleep or am completely relaxed.my diet has not changed, I'm not stressed or depressed or have anxiety. I can't figure out what it is or how to treat it and its driving me INSANE! This is a call for help. Thank you. I also must add that I'm a 23 old healthy male.
    Last edited by soccer512; 12-04-14 at 05:44.

I get these to just out of no where. Sometimes when they happen i get this tingling feeling on my body and i get short of breath! I get up walk around with a cold rag and a cold bottle of water! It scares me to!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information