Thread: Lunch at a friend and anxiety started

Lunch at a friend and anxiety started

Hello,
    my partner and i were invited to see a friend for lunch Today with her new partner , that i had never met before .. Already before going i was overthinking and worrying ..will I feel confortable ??will i panic??but i had decided not to take any of my drops ( downers) but to try and face it by myself ..then when we got there the nightmare started because my friends partner was smoking a spliff ( actually he had three in the four hours we were ther) oh my god my heart was going faster and faster i could not stop thinking that even the smoke In the room will give me the effect of a spliff so then i will have to go hospital ...i couldnt stop my brain thinking about that ...started feeling cold ...got the shivers ..went to tge toilet ...came out feeling i had to go again such a hortible state to be in ...my problem is although i know the tricks of shifting your focus on something positive when anxiety kicks in i can hardly control it ...i feel defeated and i feel i can never get better ...tomorrow will go to my gp to get some anti anxiety tablets as i cant cope with this anymore ..:(
    thank you for listening ...well reading -
    Fra

Re: Lunch at a friend and anxiety started

I have been around lots of people who have smoked weed. it only ever affected me once when i was in a tiny room with six people all whom were smoking weed.
    lol that's still weird though he could have at least asked you if you minded him smoking weed!
    well done for going though. I wouldn't blame you for worrying about the effects of passive smoking :-)

I know but the problem was that when we got there he was already stoned so he didnt think of asking if we minded ...or he might have assumed i didnt as i smoke cigarette ...anyway was hard but made at least for lunch -

aw i still think you did very well though, you were nervous enough just about the lunch and then he starts smoking drugs on top of that!
    plus you stayed and didn't leave which i know is very hard to stay somewhere when you get anxious.
    lol I've seen people who don't smoke weed, take the joint if its offered and then end up feeling sick! which makes them look more silly than if they just said no :-(

Thread Information