Thread: coughing up blood

coughing up blood

hi everyone 22 male here. i have been sick coughing up green phlegm for the past 2 or 3 days. just this morning i noticed that i was coughing up blood along with the mucus. i had to leave work because i was so concerned. what can this possibly be?

Re: coughing up blood

im no doctor so cant say but my mum had it and had chest infection and anti biotics sorted her out but you must visit your doctor. If you need anti biotics the sooner you take them the better

Hi,

Sounds like you could have a chest infection. An antibiotic should help. Best get it checked out though.

Myra

Hi Mattc,

I have had this in the past too.. How much blood exactly?? i noticed when i was coughing up mucus there was specs of blood mixed with this like others said its more likely to be a chest infection than anything more serious, the doctor explained to me that coughing can cause strain on the lining of the lungs/chest which can get sore and bleed you could be coughing up small bits of blood from a recent chest infection..

Dan

I've coughed up specs of blood before when had a chest infection. Worth getting it checked tho.
    [Worrying won't protect - it doesn't help and can only make worse. Short term relief of anxiety by google etc doesn't help in the long run and the fact your acting on it only makes worse - let it pass over you

"Rem it kicks in at the unconscious level, thats why, triggers are the cause, remeber the anxiety is like the adrenal system kicking in fight or flight for what you think is no reason, the unconscious is the part that fires this responce"]

Thread Information