Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Depression

Hi all,

Do a lot of you guys suffer from depression as well as anxiety? Because both usually go hand in hand with me and it just really sucks(for lack of a better word lol)it just makes the panic worse!

-Christie[:I]

About 60% of anxiety usually ends up with associated depression if it goes on for a length of time.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

hi christie.

i feel depressed since monday but thats not due to my panics thats to do with something that i cant have, well im not sure if i can have it really. but im still really depressed i havent been this depressed in months. i have only been depressed once before and that lasted about 2 weeks and i didnt know what was wrong with me really but i do now. You'll get over it.

hugs Rachel xx

Hi Christie,

I am a new member and I was really suffering with depression on top of anxiety last week. I couldn't stop crying and the world seemed full of doom.

I found things like watching 'Friends' videos (or whatever makes you smile) or taking my dog for a walk really helped. Make sure you get plenty of fresh air and day light, it sounds silly but these things can really make a difference.

Hope you start to feel more positive
    Charlotte x

The good news is that depression can be helped by treating along the same lines as anxiety.

Exercise, diet, fresh air/daylight, CBT/counselling etc will all help, as will certain meds.

However I find that my depression lifts as my anxiety levels lower. Vicious circle I know, but hopefully as you tackle one area, the other will improve.

Good luck

Charlie

Hiya Christie,

I too go through bouts of depression, which like you say makes the anxiety/panic worst. I am going through a depressed time right now over my 18 year old daughters decision making for her future. She has left home with no direction and I am terrified that I have lost her forever. Rachel if you don`t mind my asking what can`t you have? If you don`t want to answer I`ll understand. Let`s all keep our chins up, keep trying to move forward even if we don`t feel like it. We`ll get through it .

Take care all,

Diana xxxx

Diana,

I'm sorry your 18 year old daughter is still causing you great distress. Hopefully she will go and have a good think and decide what is best for her. I'm sure she will come back and have a good talk to you when she is ready but until then kep as positive as you can.
    I'm thinking of you

Take care
    lucky

Scared,

I doubt this is really going help you at all and i am sure you have heard it all before but as far as teenagers are concerned there is very little you can do to keep them on course. Again its easy for me to say but you really shouldn't let her get you down as she will surely find her own way sooner or later, at that age i think we did exactly what we wanted very rarely heeded well intentioned, experienced advice ourselves. Very upsetting and frustrating though.

Going back on topic, i have suffered with depression/anxiety and panic almost combined for about 10 years so i know it comes hand in hand...sometimes i find it hard to distinguish between the seperate conditions and i think i am beginning to beleive that i am just a miserable git!! :-)

I used to be extremely indecisive but now I am not so sure...

Hiya Jonny,

I'm sure your not just a miserable git!!

How are you feeling at the moment? Never heard from you for a wee while

Lucky

scared:im depressed because im in love. and i cant have him cause we havent spoken since august. and its just getting me down. i know its not a crush. but thats why im depressed and my mum wont let me go out so im depressed because of that too.

hugs rachelxx

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information