Thread: fear of dying

fear of dying

i have this horrible extreme fear of dying. it is absolutely consuming me. i keep obsessing over it, even though i know there is nothing i can do about it. i just cannot accept that we all have to die, even though i know it is part of being human. i hope i'm making sense. i have told those around me that i feel like i'm in a constant war with myself- one part being rational and logical, the other completely irrational believing it wont happen to me or my loved ones. i keep crying about this and getting panic attacks. it's the last think i think about before i go to sleep and the first one when i wake up. when i wake up i feel this horrible weight just envelop me because of this. i don't want to keep living like this, i want to be happy and enjoy life. but knowing that i will die one day...just frightens me so much....

Re: fear of dying

Hi i have the same fear and it consumes me everyday to the point that i can barely leave my bedroom now , ive always had this but this last year it has been so bad i suffer with constant dizziness which scares the living daylights out of me coz i think im going to die even though ive had MRI on brain, ecgs on heart and loads of blood tests all coming back fine , but i still think of it 24/7 i also think about if other members of my family die eg mum ,dad husband daughter , sisters ,brothers coz i know that will tip me right over the edge and i dont think i will ever be able to live with the loss , i hate being like this i have no life and any sympton i get , then i think thats it even when people explain to me im not dieing i dont believe them , even when its a doctor , sorry ive not been much help but just wanted to let you know your not alone ,oh yer thats something else i wont be left on my own coz i think im going to die

you are both not going to die..not anytime yet anyway...its your illogicial mind playing tricks on you and stopping you from living a normal life...its sad to think that you dont go out and enjoy the sun on your face because of this...please try to get help as you are wasting your life being stuck in doors its all so irrational..Ive watched people close to me die my family...people I love and it nearly destroyed me but I didnt let it..try to be strong and get out of this awful cycle you have got yourselves in...god bless and take care...x

I am the same but I think I have cancer some where and keep paying for all these tests, I have 6 blood test waiting to come back and I have had a camera down my throat, I am having my throat scaned nexted week and then off to E.N.T I have even had a chest Managram but again waiting for results... this started back in June when I keep getting loads of cattar in my throat and it wont go any where so makes me keep swollowing and I feel the front of my neck is a little swollen but not sure if this is all caused by the Anxiety. I also think its brought on by hearing people who have died through wrong Diagnose
    I still dont know if anything is wrong with me.

Chel

hello i av had that fear nearly all my life 2, but am sort ov cuming 2 terms that we cant live 4ever and we need 2 enjoy life b4 we go

Hi, i feel the same. There not a day goes by when i dont worry about dying. Your not on your own.
    Sarah x

It has been said that a fear of death leads to a fear of living our own life. I remember having this very fear 15 years ago and for 5 of those years I done nothing with my life. What happens is that we just start to exist and looking back that was a form of living death.
    The root of most peoples fear is normally leaving others behind
    There is also the fear of a painful death.

But if you look at the facts...People are living longer now than they were 30 years ago.
    If we live a healthy lifestyle then we can have comfort that this also adds to our long life.

Fear is fear
    It does not matter what that fear is, what matters is confronting it.

Yes the logical part of your brain tells you we will all die and that is part of life, no one can avoid it but in fearing it our life comes to a halt. I fully understand how you feel.

As you increase your healthy lifestyle your mind will then move from this fear

isnt there any sort of therapy for this fear of dying ...i have it too, i know you say we must accept it but some of us just can't or dont know how to

We all feel that way .. I think because most of us are somewhat of control freaks.Im sorry to be blunt ,, but im that way to..We all want to keep the bad away and only have good forever..Doesn't work that way . Wow what if you lived to be 200 and your body decayed so badly and you were so ill you would be miserable. You outlived everybody you ever knew and life was just so bad..You would change your mind.> Im sorry to be so straight forward but well I had a aunt one of 14 children that outlived all her siblings and her parents ,her aunts and uncles and many nephews and nieces and was wasting away in a nursing home. She would sit and look out the window all day long and when I went to visit she would just shake her head and say "its not fair..just just not fair that I outlived all of them and now im alone" ..She was looking forward to dying.Try not to think about it.. live each day to its fullest..Try never to do or say things that you will regret later.. Never ever forget to tell those you care about how you feel about them when you see them or on the phone.. Always treat others with respect and dignity and do for others and it will help you forget about yourself.

Try not to fear death..its the unknown that we fear.. I comfort myself by praying to the creator every night ,saying God and creator of the universe..Let me accept and embrace my destiny of becoming stardust again. What were we but part of the universe before for over 14 billion years nothing more than atoms or dust particles ? We didn't feel nor did we know about those years passing by and time being infinite we won't know again the moment we die..Time ceases for us.Its harder the ones being left behind than it is to die.Your worries are over.. But live your life like tomorrow you will be gone...and you will never regret anything. Take care and know you aren't alone..try to be at peace with life and living and the universe.. Michael

Fear of death only makes your life worst.

Think about how wonderful life can be.. How the sunshine and our family and loved ones. We can enjoy life from young and when we were at school how we tried to prank others and make new friends and up to mischeif. How we studied for exams. Got good result, got bad result get scolded all the wonderful memories of life.

Get a job, get married, have children, have grandchildren. Look forward to all these. You can't do anything about death. WHy not look forward and cherish what you have now? Nobody knows what is going to happen. Nobody can change it. What you can change is how you live now. Why live in constant fear? Everyone got to die someday. Fear only makes your life more miserable. Enjoy each day. Each moment of life =]

For life is short yet wonderful. As someone once told me "Death is the freedom of leaving earth. WHen we die, we are truly released and free"

Enjoy life now. There are so many more things to do than being scared of death

Thread Information