Thread: do you find symptoms changing?

do you find symptoms changing?

Hallo

After days of just reading had enough confidence to make a post of my own!

Can't believe that after 20 plus years of thinking i was alone with being worried I stumbled across this site.

What concerns me most is that my symptoms are forever changing, just when i though i knew when it was being caused by stress i am hit with a whole new, and different, set of symptoms. Does anyone else find this too?

currently struggling with numb leg, foot and fingers and like so many others the dubious 'support' of google and netdoctor.

It really does get me down, especially not knowing where to get any support.

Re: do you find symptoms changing?

First of all, welcome to the forum. You will find much support and you will never be judged here. This forum is the only thing that has kept me out of the ER on several occassions. As to your post of changing symtpoms. I am going through that now for the first time. For years I had the same symptoms. I was just getting to the point where I was able to convince myself that this was all anxiety when my symptoms changed dramatically and I have been in a tizzy ever since. Good luck and post whenever you need to.

J2

Hi

Over the years i have had some old faithful symptoms that have remained the same, but quite a few that have changed, it would seem that you just exchange one set of symptoms for another at times. And i have found a lot of comfort in discovering that others experience exactly the same thing.
    As time has went on, i have found it gets easier to understand your symptoms, or can see a pattern that develops at times of increased stress etc, but its always hard when something totally new appears, i dont know if i will ever get used to that.

P x

I have one main one that stays, but I've had plenty that have come and gone - usually after I manage to convince myself they are just anxiety.
    [Worrying won't protect - it doesn't help and can only make worse. Short term relief of anxiety by google etc doesn't help in the long run and the fact your acting on it only makes worse - let it pass over you

"Rem it kicks in at the unconscious level, thats why, triggers are the cause, remeber the anxiety is like the adrenal system kicking in fight or flight for what you think is no reason, the unconscious is the part that fires this responce"]

Mine change all the time too, seems to be that when I stop worrying about one, another one occurs. Sometimes its hard to accept this, but mostly I just try to get on with it now and just get my mind set that it is just due to anxiety, HTH Pauline xxx Welcome to the site too, you'll get lots of help from , lovely, friendly, like minded people. This site was a turning point for me xxx

- i found this site a couple of years ago. It proved to me that every symptom and evry ache or pain i can record someone on here will say "yeah i had that too!!!!""
    I just copied this part of your post:-
    Can't believe that after 20 plus years of thinking i was alone with being worried I stumbled across this site.

What concerns me most is that my symptoms are forever changing, just when i though i knew when it was being caused by stress i am hit with a whole new, and different, set of symptoms. Does anyone else find this too?
    It comes as a shock and then a relief to see sooo many others with problems that have been worrying you sick for years - it does not make the fear go away but it ""takes the edge off the fear""

Like others have said 'as soon as you think you have beaten one fear - another pops up to take its place' it seems as if our minds are constantly searching for a problem to worry about - OH dear

Best wishes
    June

PS have a look at the 'Main Menu' on left of screen. Aniety - symptoms are both well worth reading (if you haven't all ready )) J

Thread Information