Thread: convinced its cancer

convinced its cancer

hello everyone. i am convinced i have a cancer such as leukemia. I am NEVER sick and within a week i had a chest infection which went away and now it seems as if i have a sinus infection because i now have blood in my mucus and quite a bit of blood. are these symptoms of cancer? I also have had a very poor appetite. i eat one meal a day and thats it. i cannot go to a doctor, i have no health insurance. what are the chances. im 22 years old. also am noticing that i got a bruise from hitting my leg a couple days ago.

Re: convinced its cancer

It sounds more like you're just run down that that anything truly sinister is going on.

Is it the bruise that has you worried about leukemia? Leukemia bruises are quite unlike the ones you get if you bang yourself - there tend to be lots of them on both legs, and they're red rather than brown.

If you've recently had a chest infection, then your immune system will have been a bit supressed, leaving you much more likely to get something like sinusitis (which I have myself at the moment). And I would imagine your lack of appetite is down to worry. When I'm anxious, the first thing that goes is my appetite - and actually, not eating will make everything worse.

Sounds like you need some TLC - a hot bath, good meal and a good nights sleep will probably help a lot.

Thread Information